Whats the weirdest thing a JW ever said to you?

by chukky 594 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Pubtruth, that's a terrible secret to have to keep. I hope you don't think your feelings are sins that must be confessed to the elders.

Jamiebowers, no way! I'm very happy with who I am and want to get out of there ASAP.

Good to hear!

Welcome posey and tiffy12!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

On evolution, when i was trying to have doubts and pull a fade...."Dude, you can't beleive in evolution. You've have to believe the human brain spontaneously combusted."

• seenitall
    seenitall

Don't question anything, Jehovah will make it right. Look the other way, that is what we will do for you.

At our local cong picnic - "you don't know how to drink - here have a straight shot of gin" (from 2 local elders) - I was a new boy all of 19 years old - it was legal to drink then.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

When I was debating with an elder about whether resurrected people will resume their married lives after resurrection. (Matthew 22:23-32)

"... Maybe angels in heaven are married. Um, wait..."

V665

• carpediem
    carpediem

When I was studying the person that taught me said 'when we go on the ministry the angels are with us with clip boards noting those householders who refuse to hear the truth'.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

"There are bad associations in the KH's also. We have to be selective"

"Jehovah's Witnesses aren't perfect either."

"It's OK to associate with the Blacks at the KH but if we do it outside the KH it may stumble someone."

"Your husband is the head of the house, but of course we are the neck that turns the head". .(The sisters got a big kick out of saying that one..)

Snoozy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I had a newly baptised friend who told me that jehovah gave him green traffic lights and that satan gave him red ones to make him late for the meetings...and flat tyres were from satan too. He really believed that he could walk through dangerous parts of town because jehovah had him in a protective 'bubble'!

After i kindly burst that one, he confessed the next day to crapping himself all the walk home that night...

It wasnt funny at the time i was a MS, but now? cracks me up to think about it!

oz

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

A sister told me and her husband that the two of us weren't allowed to go to another sister to have our hair cut because even with two brothers it might be dangerous. I don't know what kind of weird fantasies she has or how the elders get to do shepherding calls then..

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I told a joke about a leprechaun at my work - a JW overheard and told me "never to mention that word again in case people thought I believed in them" and she was serious. wtf?

• acolytes
    acolytes

The wierdest thing a J.W ever said to me.

"I dont want to be impolite but I cant talk to you"

Acolytes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit