Whats the weirdest thing a JW ever said to you?

by chukky 594 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hadit
    Hadit

So much weirdness to choose from . . . here's a few:

You can live forever in paradise on earth.

A brother giving a talk on headship says that headship is so disrespected that "women are now heads and presidents of corporations!" I almost walked out - I should have!

A brother saying about his wife "I didn't buy a dog so that I can bark myself." Lovely man.

• Scully
    Scully

A Sisterâ„¢ gave me hell for buying Glamour magazine when I was in my late teens. She said it was satanic and would turn me away from The Truthâ„¢. I bought it so I could show my hairdresser a hairstyle that I wanted.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Oh my lord, there's so many I don't know where to start.

Essentially anything involving the Illuminati would classify.

I've also been told "You're going to THINK yourself right out of the truth". He was right.

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Pubtruth, that's a terrible secret to have to keep. I hope you don't think your feelings are sins that must be confessed to the elders.

Jamiebowers, no way! I'm very happy with who I am and want to get out of there ASAP.

• donny
    donny

One of the weirdest things I remember was during my early years in the organization. I was talkling to an elder in another congregation (who used the same Kingdom Hall as we did) and I told him that I was thinking about taking some computer courses at the nearby community college.

For some reason that elicited this response: "Well we know when you go to college the degree you get is called a BS and then you can go for a PHD which stands for piled high and deep."

I just smiled and slowly but steadily walked away.

Donny

• donny
    donny

Another weird one was an elder who said that guys who want to have sex with their wives doggy style are showing early traits of becoming a homosexual.

I guess I should come out of the closet!

Donny

• posey
    posey

My mum tried to convince me that when I finish year 10 and have my school certificate I should leave school and pioneer. I could work in a shop part time! Um, no mum.

• donny
    donny

And another one that I thought was weird. An elder was talking about an experience where he was witnessing to a fellow who farted loudly during his presentation. He said while he was talking this householder " he released a very large flatus."

And people say JW's are not into science!

Donny

• tiffy12
    tiffy12

My husband told me he would have a new wife and a city full of kids in paradise earth. I will never forget that as long as I live and when he told me that I was holding my baby girl in my arms. She is now in her 40's and I have a son in his 30's and still no paradise earth. What a hateful thing to say.

• man in black
    man in black

To my wife :

The Co's wife was talking in a cargroup about unbelieving family members, and my wife piped up and said that there were no jw's

on her side of the family.

mrs. co came back with,,, "well you had better get busy and start preaching more heavily to them, otherwise they are all going to die at armageddon".

wonderful lady,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit