Change in meeting attendance procedure - can't figure out why though

by sir82 68 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Interesting that they're limiting the counts, but it strangly coincides with eliminating the total count being mentioned in announcements. Remember we used to announce at how many were in attendance following the public talk, and following the Theocratic Ministry School. Then we recieved the letter to no longer mention those figures. Now they're limiting how many times we actually do the count.

I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to them eliminating the CO arrangement. Although I do know of a CO getting married and supposedly getting out of the CO work all together. Nobody saw it coming. He was what you might call a confirmed bachelor, hetero by the way. I wondered when I heard the news, did he know COs are about to get the axe? Is he getting married to get himself situated to some degree before the Branch pulls the plug on him and his fellow COs? Who knows. At the same time, I know of three other brothers in our circuit who just got the ok from the Branch to do backup CO work, for cases of the CO being sick or other reasons. Who knows whats going on anymore.

Maybe Winston Churchill, the poster can enlighten us, I thought he was a CO right?

• wobble
    wobble

I wonder if it is just to try to count the hardcore members, the C.O be he of the old school or new recruit (Elder with a job) can more easily see if there is a problem with meeting attendance by comparing attendance and publisher figures, at present the method covers over how many publishers are missing every meeting because visitors are counted.

It won't solve that ,of course, it needs someone who really knows the Congo to work out who is not there at any one time.

I always estimated 25% of our publishers were missing for most meetings, not the same ones every time, I think they arranged it on a rota basis !

Whatever the real reason, it is to hide bad news and to make the WT look better than it really is, you can bet.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sunday attendance figures will be down - think of how many leave after the Public Talk. This will mean elders will be hounded by the CO's to encourage greater attendance at the WT, which lets face it, is the main indoctrination tool.

Why the CBS ? No Idea!

• undercover
    undercover

heh heh... it was to root out the spooks.

Different letters given to different circuits to see who would leak it here. From there they can start to narrow down their search for the apostate...

Be careful Sir...

eh, just kidding...

Seriously, it doesn't really make sense. The only real reason I can think of: if the numbers continue to decline, it could be discouraging to anyone paying attention at the local level. Eliminate the constant counting - and seeing the numbers continuing to drop - and the averages may show a fairly constant, thus not really alerting anyone that the numbers are really dropping off.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Great theories and experience makes it hard to fault them. I think they're just trying to make everything as simple as possible. So much time and effort goes into these waste of time activities when people are leaving through the back door by droves.

They'll of course mention how much easier they're making the lives of brothers - just before they make them collect the magazines from the assembly halls.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I used to take attendance. Seems to me, that this will result in lower numbers. In my experience, some people leave before the WT study.

BTS

• yknot
    yknot

Well......they are probably trying to figure out if they can justify some reductions in printing.

• sacolton
    sacolton

After the Public Talk, my wife and I would sneak out during the song. WT Study was always boring with too many windbags that couldn't keep their answers short and brief.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, aren't there really only two meetings a week now anyway? (with elimination of the book study and combination of it into the others)

So in that sense, only two counts are really needed.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jwoods makes a good point.

Perhaps we are 'overthinking' this one, just a tad?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit