Change in meeting attendance procedure - can't figure out why though

by sir82 68 Replies latest jw friends

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I personally think they are simplifying and they probably have an adgenda but only time will tell. I would ask my husband but that would be a dead giveaway for me to question a letter that has not been announced. lol

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Without hard facts concerning the actions of the Governing Body, and not being able to figure it out as Sir puts it, it becomes speculation as to their reasons for making this change.

One thing we all know for sure is that the facts have always shown that the Society likes to embellish the numbers never will they admit that there is an attendance problem. Some times a person might even be counted twice. i.e. coming out of the rest room or library and back rooms.

Another way in which they count attendance is by counting the empty seats then subtracting from the amount of seats in the hall. As the seats fill up a second count is done.

What nonsense!

Blueblades/Mall Cop

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS have an anal obsession about "counting" everything. Like a miser always counting his money. Their counting of their 'works' are meaningless.

• yknot
    yknot

Anonymous has kindly contributed the July 26, 2010 BOE LTR on this matter....... Credit is all theirs!

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS AND TRAVELING OVERSEERS

Re: Recording meeting attendance

Dear Brothers:

This is to inform you of an upcoming adjustment in the way attendance at congregation meetings will be recorded. Beginning on September 1, 2010, the attendance count will be taken only once each time the congregation meets-once during the Theocratic Ministry School and once during the first quarter of the Watchtower Study_ In due course, a revised Report of Meeting Attendance (S-3) will be made available.

When traveling overseers compile the six-month average meeting attendance for a congregation, they will use the figures from the Congregation Bible Study and the Watchtower Study from the 2010 service year. Beginning with the first week of the 2011 service year, meeting attendance during the week of the circuit overseer's visit will be taken only once each time the congregation meets, toward the middle of the program. In due course, a revised Report on Circuit Overseer's Visit With Congregation (S-303) will be made available.

Thank you for noting these adjustments. We send our warm Christian love.

If you are a compiler/collector of BOE LTRs...... for your enjoyment (kudos Anonymous!) http://www.sendspace.com/file/ng5q5x

• St George of England
    St George of England

We have not as yet heard of this arrangement in the UK as far as I am aware. Have any UK posters heard anything? We have not heard about the change in magazine distribution either.

George

• yknot
    yknot

bttt for our UK posters

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's just more or less BS it doesn't really matter at all. I think they have reached the point where they have started making up the numbers anyway.

Yeah we had 16,000,000 at memorial and 6000 partakers this year! Next year we is gonna have 17,000,000 and 5500!

Whatever, they are full of shit.

• blondie
    blondie

I imagine that the meeting attendance numbers have been dropping. I can see the WTS having various congregations test several ways of taking attendance and picking the one that yields the largest number. People are more apt to be late or to leave at the end of the meeting. I'm sure they have timed when people tend to show up late or leave early.

In a way it reminds me how they timed the 1914 generation starting out with a young adult who understood in 1914 down to a baby born in 1914 to stretch out the length of the 1914 generation.

• yknot
    yknot

So are we to conclude the WTStudy and TMS are the most valuable........what of the SM, the uber call for FS, FS, FS?

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

Perhaps they are just trying to simplify things. When I had to serve as Attendant it was rather annoying having to count the attendance twice. I would also have to count how many people were "attending" via the teleconference line - which involved dialing the teleconference number and put in an access code to get the exact number of people listening to the meeting from their home. So perhaps counting attendance just once during the first quarter during the Watchtower Study and once during the Congregation "Bible" Study is just a continuation of there making things more simple for the brothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit