Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

The same thing could be ask, "wouldn't the Jews at hte time, Paul especially, have determined if Jesus were a 3rd person of a Trinity Godhead and said it somewhere?"

I agree, which is why I don't presume either one, either way.

Tammy

Edited to add: Either of them could be right, or both could be wrong - which is why, imho, neither one is worth arguing over. Do we really think Jesus would want us arguing over it? Or would he want us to follow Him, and listen to his words?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The first chapter of Hebrews makes it quite clear that Jesus was not an angel, of any rank.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Think About It

You are making no sense and I could care less what the WT's view is.

OK,... I don't think the WT makes much sense either.

I do find it interesting that you seemed to want to pin the WT definition of a trinity on me. I'm sure the WT thinks they are the experts on the subject, since they have devoted many publications to a trinity that very few if any (at least no one that I know) believe in.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

EGO EIMI.

Jesus is the I AM.

EGO EIMI.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Tammy

The problem is with the words for Angel in the bible.

There are 5 different Greek words with many different meanings and 5 Hebrew words with many different meanings, with the meaning of each being determined by the context in which they are used.

That being said, yes there are indeed ways in which we can understand Jesus as an angel, however that in no way detracts from His divine nature as God.

• designs
    designs

The simple thing is its all opinions.............

They myths of Western Chirstianity

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    The simple thing is its all opinions.............

For someone as yourself I'm sure that's all it means to you.

• designs
    designs

Proof is in the writings of all of these supposed "Born Again' theologians who disagree with each other., very interesting in view of the claims about 'Jesus' living inside of these Believers wouldn't you think.

Myth Busters R Us

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

The first chapter of Hebrews makes it quite clear that Jesus was not an angel, of any rank.

As I said earlier, I believe there are ways to understand him as an angel, but not as a created being. As God he is not in their "ranks".

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Actually they prove my point. You just assume they disagree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit