Response to "Do you think the F&DS are directed by Holy Spirit"

by onefootout 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• onefootout
    onefootout

Thinking about the article a year ago, 6/15/09 Watchtower page 23 para 15.

If you are put on the spot, or even in casual conversation if asked if the F&DS, anointed, Gov. body ect. make mistakes, have holy spirit, are spirit directed ect. you can say "In as much as you or I are directed by holy spirit, yes." or "No more than you or I are." If they take exception to that, that the Gov body always knows better than we do direct them to this article. It states and I quote

"They do not believe that their being anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the "great crowd" may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the "other sheep" have."

How can someone be the channel of communication from God if they don't have any more insight than anyone else?

Clearly the GB want to have their cake and eat it too.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Do The Annointed Have Special Insight?

***The Watchtower, June 15, 2009, pages 23-24
    However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights," beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have.

*** w05 1/15 p. 15 par. 21 Christ—The Focus of Prophecy *** Only his faithful anointed disciples would discern his royal presence. In the next article, we will see how that insight would have a profound effect on them, culminating in the gathering of millions who would become Jesus’ earthly subjects

*** ip-2 chap. 15 p. 228 par. 23 The Barren Woman Rejoices *** 23 Verse 13 of Isaiah chapter 54 provides the key—all will be “taught by Jehovah.” Jesus himself applied the words of this verse to his anointed followers. (John 6:45) The prophet Daniel foretold that during this “time of the end,” the anointed would be blessed with an abundance of true knowledge and spiritual insight. (Daniel 12:3, 4) Such insight has enabled them to spearhead the greatest educational campaign in history, spreading divine teaching in all the earth. (Matthew 24:14) At the same time, such insight has helped them to see the difference between true religion and false. Isaiah 54:12 mentions “boundaries of delightsome stones.” Since 1919, Jehovah has given the anointed an ever clearer understanding of the boundaries—the lines of spiritual demarcation—setting them apart from false religion and ungodly elements of the world.(Ezekiel 44:23; John 17:14; James 1:27) They are thus set apart as God’s own people.
    *** w00 5/15 p. 11 par. 6 Pay Attention to God’s Prophetic Word for Our Day *** 6 In this time of the end, many faithful Christians have ‘roved about’ in the pages of God’s Word, the Bible. The result? With Jehovah’s blessing on their efforts, true knowledge has become abundant. For instance, anointed Witnesses of Jehovah have been blessed with insight, enabling them to understand that Jesus Christ became heavenly King in the year 1914.
    *** km 3/00 p. 8 par. 4 Studying Daniel’s Prophecy ***4 Prepare well for the study each week, and enjoy participating in it. Appreciate your privilege of associating with Jehovah’s visible organization and benefiting from the insight and understanding provided by his faithful anointed ones.

*** dp chap. 17 p. 292 par. 11 Identifying True Worshipers in the Time of the End *** : “The ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever.” Who are “the ones having insight” today? Again, the evidence points to the same “holy ones of the Supreme One.” After all, who but the faithful anointed remnant had the insight to discern that Michael, the Great Prince, began standing as King in 1914?

• undercover
    undercover

good quotes, stubble... thanks...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Anointed are of no use except in name,in the WBT$..

Even the Anointed must follow WBT$ teachings,or they will be Disfellowshipped..

The WBT$ guides the WBT$.....Not the Anointed..

In Watchtower World..

Jesus and the Anointed are out of a Job..

God is on Probation..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

In Watchtower World..

Jesus and the Anointed are out of a Job..

God is on Probation..

Right, and the janitor and window washer are princes for one day...ehem....for 120+years...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nice quotes stubble. Keeping for reference.

When I'm asked that by a JW, I just tell them, "It's not for me to say. It's up to them to prove."

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Wait, I just got it!

"They do not believe that their being anointed..."

So they HAVE the insight, they just DON'T BELIEVE that they have it. Evidently, out of humility and not to take from Jehovah's glory, you know...

• pirata
    pirata
    "They do not believe that their being anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the "great crowd" may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the "other sheep" have."

The gist of the article was that the Governing Body are the representatives of the F&DS and only the representatives provide the spiritual food (Paragraph 18 of the same article). They were emphasizing that the non-GB anointed do not have special insight. This was confirmed in the Sept 15, 2010 WT where they stated that deep truths are revealed to "representatives" of the faithful slave (ie. the GB members).

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i dont believe in telepathy anymore.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

No I dont believe in the Holy Ghost. (absence of belief is not basis for Dfment)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit