Response to "Do you think the F&DS are directed by Holy Spirit"

by onefootout 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

or if you do believe in special forces from the sky the you could answer.... "you know sometimes I wonder the same thing"

• startingover
    startingover

If I was asked, I would reply that bothers me is that somehow the GB has gone beyond what it says in the bible and seperated themselves from this "class", giving them authority not given the others.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I would answer:

"NO, because nobody has ever been able to tell me just WHO the brother or brothers are that the Holy Spirit communicates to and HOW the Holy Spirit does this. Do they go into a trance? I would sincerely like to shake the hand of the brother or brothers who are so special that the Holy Spirit actually communicates to them".

In reality, if such a thing were to actually have happened, the time and place of such an event would be chronicled. Anybody who makes such divine claims better be able to put up OR shut up!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

They cant be cos they're not acting in love

Loz x

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Excellent point onefootout!

Sounds like a good subject and article for Family Worship Night ........................ if I was actually keeping up with it.

Keeping this for reference too! Thanks!

CoC

• Heaven
    Heaven

Years ago, both my parents were in the kitchen at their farm and I asked them both...

"Is the Watchtower directed by God?"

At exactly the same time my Dad said "No." and my Mom said "Yes."

There was a huge "Uh Oh!" look that passed between them.

This was my expression...

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Years ago, both my parents were in the kitchen at their farm and I asked them both...
    "Is the Watchtower directed by God?"
    At exactly the same time my Dad said "No." and my Mom said "Yes."
    There was a huge "Uh Oh!" look that passed between them.
    This was my expression...

Priceless.

Think About It

• moshe
    moshe

They put the GB, F&DS and the anointed together in one sentence, but only the GB and the anointed are real people with names. The F&DS never has the name of a person attached to it, however the WT constantly refers to the F&DS as the guiding light and authority for the GB and all the WT (strange) unique doctrines. The JWs need to wake up- the F&DS does not exist and the WT has never offered any proof- only speculative teachings. Since JWs never ask to see a real live member of the F&DS, the WT can continue playing this shell game and never have to show the (nonexistent) pea to them.

• ssn587
    ssn587

I was asked that very question several years ago, and my response was as the best that i can remember, "god used an ass didn't he? Well then he could use anything else even a bunch of asses don't ya think?"

I really don't they understood what it was i was saying, one was a gardner, the other had a classic window washing business. They actually agreed with me.

• ssn587
    ssn587

I was asked that very question several years ago, and my response was as the best that i can remember, "god used an ass didn't he? Well then he could use anything else even a bunch of asses don't ya think?"

I really don't they understood what it was i was saying, one was a gardner, the other had a classic window washing business. They actually agreed with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit