Response to "Do you think the F&DS are directed by Holy Spirit"

by onefootout 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully

It's strange how the F&DS are claimed to be Imperfect Men™ whenever there is a legitimate reason to criticize them - a reason that makes it perfectly obvious that they are no more Spirit Directed™ than the $h!t in my cat's litter box, and JWs are just supposed to roll over and say "Oh, shucks, that makes it all okay then", but whenever the Elders™ are looking for a reason to label someone as an Apostate™, it's expected that the person ignores the Imperfect Men™ defense and must declare the F&DS to be Spirit Directed™.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Classic and regular spat in our house. We agree that they are often wrong, the believers even say that that they make things up when they don't know what to say - I ask "Is it possible for God to lie, or make a mistake?"

No, they say, but he evidently allows an operation of error in his earthly organisation. This may be to test our loyalty, or to confuse the opposers, or for some purpose not yet known !...Keep the faith !

No wonder that sheep get fleeced !

• besty
    besty

elderlite:

how could anyone who is "spirit directed" make a mistake in bible understanding...? why would a doctrine ever change? yes men are imperfect, but God's sprit is not. if he could inspire the bible to be recorded perfectly by imperfect men, if could protect its translation as the WT claims over thousands of years, why cant he prevent those clowns in brooklyn from making mistakes? dosent add up to me...

Note that the WTS teaches separately and concurrently that God did and did not preserve the Bible perfectly.

On the one hand they teach that God preserved the Bible perfectly, at the same time claiming that the name Jehovah was removed from the New Testament and they have 'restored' it.

• moshe
    moshe

elderlite-

The last one is particularly gaulling. Notice, the GB relies on God's spirit for direction, but they dont see themselves as leaders.

It's very simple, elderlite- the WT snake oil salesman TOLD you Jehoobah's tonic doesn't work as claimed, and yet you and your flock are still drinking it!

also-

I wish the WT would print something like those answers. That would give me all the grounds I need to pull my wife away.-------------Someone should call back and ask why they cant find quotes to support those answers in print...

I see disclaimers printed in the WT magazines all the time, you just haven't been looking for them. When the WT org pulled the "1914 generation- end of this system" line from the inside cover of the Awake, that was a discalimer. The WT org put all JWs on notice that 1914 was dead, kaput! Did JWs accept this? No-oo, they cried for their 1914 manna from the F&DS, so the WT continues to give it to them- businesses have to give the customer what they want. The smart JWs figured out that 1914 was just a date, nothing more and they left.

How about that no-name F&DS class? No names, not even the GB will come out and admit publicly or in print (1st person) , "I am one of the F&DS", no, it will never happen. Make a phone call? great idea- I suggest that you make that call- put it on speakerphone and have your wife listen in. If the answers are just as A-S said, then your wife can exercise her freedom of choice to follow a man-made religion or not. Then you can exercise your freedom of choice, follow a man-made religion or not. It's not the truth, just a religious belief system- once you figure that out it's not so bad in the KH, there are worse religions to choose from.

• elderelite
    elderelite
    Note that the WTS teaches separately and concurrently that God did and did not preserve the Bible perfectly.
    On the one hand they teach that God preserved the Bible perfectly, at the same time claiming that the name Jehovah was removed from the New Testament and they have 'restored' it.

DAMN!!! how did I miss that!!??????? That is a hell of a point!!!!!!!!!!!!

• moshe
    moshe
    DAMN!!! how did I miss that!!??????? That is a hell of a point!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is. And that explains why Theism doesn't work, either. Feel strong enough to walk out of the KH yet or is it just a game with you elderfraud?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Just a game mosche, just a game... and

I WIN!!!!

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Moshe - what is this crusade that you're on with elderelite? You attack him like some old school JW picketing Christendom.

I see you have over 4000+ posts here. While it certainly is commendable to point out the faulty premises of the JW religion - it's also scary to see a bitter old man spend the rest his life on the internet. You give a legitimate cause for pause to those of us wondering 'what life will be like outside of the WT.' I know I certainly don't want to end up some cynical old man full of regret.

So for the most part, your suggested 'out-with-a-bang' exit ploys are a great reminder of how not to leave - at least for those of us that want to keep our dignity and family. You said yourself (actually much of what you post is really good when not trying to brow beat newly disbelieving JWs for their chosen course) - you said, "It's not the truth, just a religious belief system- once you figure that out it's not so bad in the KH, there are worse religions to choose from."

And the fact is - once anybody figures that out - the rest eventually takes care of itself. How many posters do their thing for a while and realize there is a real life out there waiting for them, never or very infrequently posting here again? How many people immediatley go from recognizing the org is not the truth without ever posting online at all? They skip this online part - move about their merry way and live their life. Many more than are here, are able to get past the bitterness and the cynicism and enjoy their life - often with their family and friends that may or may not stay in the org. I'm sorry that wasn't your case - but I assure you it is a real and viable option.

For the many of you who have never posted, maybe never even visited any site like this, and went straight to living your life showing everyone that it can be done - we thank you.

• moshe
    moshe

just-n from bethel-

I don't pay any attention to what a doormat thinks- I would be bitter, if I had chosen the path of a doormat and spent the last 20 years as a fader bobblehead JW. Just think what I would have miised - My life, the real one, not the one that the KH forced me to live, because I lacked a backbone to speak my mind. Yes, sitting in the KH is not so bad, it's not like Jonestown at all- they have A/C.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I don't pay any attention to what a doormat thinks

The amount of time you spend responding to so-called 'doormats' says otherwise.

Here we are with people who are trying to break away from a group of men who want others to live their life in a pre-defined box. Now you want these same people to live by yourpre-defined box. If all I read from you were your responses to newly exiting JWs, I'd think that you were jealous of the GB - that you envied the control they had over others. And on an internet forum, with a lot of conscious-class JWs - you get to make an attempt at being the self-proclaimed leader.

Of course I've read a number of your other postings and I find many of those quite sensible. As a matter of fact, when it comes to actual content on doctrine and religion - I find your points spot on. So I know you really don't want to play god - you're just a bit hard-headed and you still hang on to some old-school mentality (probably left over thinking from your JW time).

But when you try and play "taunt-the-new-kid-that's-not-doing-everything-my-way" ... well, no matter what you tell yourself, it's a nice reminder for the public to see that some ex-JWs do end up with a bitter and cynical life. The good thing is, we know it's few and far between - and we all just feel sorry for you.

By all means though - keep playing your silly game. Because if anything, it helps JWs consider an option that might work for some. Then again, others might consider it, but may find that your way is not the only way. Still because you brought it up - they thought it through - only to realize that such an approach would be one of the absolute stupidest decisions of their life - and for that, we thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit