YOU TUBE My Jehovah's Witness Story: Raped By a Circuit Overseer

by Lady Lee 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I find this story sad if it indeed is true. However we dont know that. And in the video he did not accused anyone in particular and only mentioned the name in a later posting.

Has anyone contacted Bethel and pointed them to the video? Since the alleged criminal is or was a CO/DO then they will handle it and not a single congregation. Its an accusation nonetheless. If he was indeed abused then he must go to the police and bethel. To seek punishment for the crime. And in this country any person is innocent until proven guilty. So if the alleged perpetrator is not prosecuted and find guilty he will be indeed innocent and this video will be legally libel.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Tuesday,

First of all, re read my posts. I've never said he was stoned or used any ad hominem attacks against him. I've just simply tried to be a voice of reason. People have been duped on this site over the years more then it's member count on here, so then why is it wrong for me to simply state that people should exceed with caution?

If he is telling the truth then and more people step forward to out this DO/CO then awesome, another bad person is exposed. Just based on how defensive you guys are simply when someone justifiably points out how this could blow up shows that many on here are still grasping to some of the old JW ways of "thinking".

Let's do a hypothetical here. What if this person is simply lying to get a rise out people on here. Let's then say he picked an actual real target that was guilty of nothing. So you have an admin on here encouraging folks to help him. This person if proven innocent could easily sue the admin and those who are publicly helping this kid. The WTS could also possibly sue this site if they could prove that mod's/admin's were encouraging this sort of behavior. Now I doubt that would happen but it could.

I run a meetup group for Ex-JW's so please don't try to label me an apologist or anything else. We all want to assume the person claiming to be the victim is actually a victim because it's easy, mix in a distaste or personal reasons for disliking a religion and you have a recipe for disaster.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Finally-Free - The next step for people like this is to accuse the victim of bringing it on himself. I've heard it too many times.

W

I will use an ad-hominem attack on you. You are gullible and foolish. Learn to read.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Putting yourself out there for the world to see as a sexual abuse victim isn't a label most people want to take on.

What possible value does a person get by falsely accusing someone of sexual assault and saying they are the victim?

Thats an important point Lady Lee that cant be dismissed, would a person deliberately put himself on You-Tube where

all his family and friends could see him tell this story.

I would sway to believing what happened is true based just on this alone.

Possibly the reason he's done this is because he knows of sexual abuse allegations are already on the Net such as sites as Silent Lambs.

I don't think this guy is very old , I would guess in his twenties. If this happened in 1993 that would make at the time between the age of

5 and 11, so quite young to say the least.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Have you people not been on Youtube or the internet lately? You are living in a bubble. People post much worst stuff of themselves in attempts to make fun of folks. Again not saying he is lying, but to believe it simply for that reason, well I got a bridge in NY to sell you.

• Mary
    Mary
    pr0ner said: why is it wrong for me to simply state that people should exceed with caution?

Actually, there is nothing wrong with you stating this at all. People can and do lie all the time and it is difficult sometimes to separate truth from fiction. While it is certainly a possibility that this kid is lying, I think most people on here are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him, given the religion's notorious history of trying to sweep these molestations under the rug. I would guess that one of the reasons he may not have mentioned his (alleged) abusers' name is for liable laws. If it does go to court, no one knows how it will turn out and the CO/DO could easily sue youtube for allowing "slander" about them on there in the first place.

There are many posters on here who were the victims of sexual abuse while in the Organization which is why I think most will side with the guy in the video, as they can empathize with a victim who suffered what they did.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Well I said my peace. I'll leave it at that.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    I think most people on here are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him, given the religion's notorious history of trying to sweep these molestations under the rug

Dear Mary is that enough reason to believe him? Besides he never claims that they ignored his claims. He says that he never said anything. Usually if you are a victim and you are a JW you still believe it to be Jehovahs organization and you dont even imagine they will ignore you. You keep it quiet because you think it was your fault or that only a little mistake by an individual not the whole org.

I dont like the CULT I dont like their policies I dont like religion. The story sounds really sad. But we dont have any evidence that is real. Thats all. you are free to believe what you want to believe, we all are. Just some choose to only believe what can be proven true. You can blame the WT for that too.

love to ya

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Well on this board it usually comes down to be skeptical of anything good said about the org, but believe everything bad said about them. We should be skeptical of everything said about them good or bad.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I will use an ad-hominem attack on you. You are gullible and foolish. Learn to read.
    Well I said my peace. I'll leave it at that.

As the evidence indicates, I don't think you have any business counseling anyone on their reading, and by extension, writing ability.

Moron.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit