Have your JW Relatives Explained about Generation/Overlap Change to You ?

by flipper 269 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Hi flipper... The Wt quote ... was on your birthday ..Watchtower, Oct. 15, 1958, p. 61

• flipper
    flipper

CALIBER- That's funny ! Although my birthday was one year later on Oct. 15th . LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• caliber
    caliber

One final "word or two " about those who feel the many words make a solid point and add to understanding ..

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
    Albert Einstein

• flipper
    flipper

CALIBER- I really like that Albert Einstein quote . I totally agree

• wasblind
    wasblind

I did not read through this entire post so excuse me if I am repeating anyone.

earlier this week when I had my return visit, this is how it was explained to

me. " that the people living before the flood, was one generation. And the people

living after the flood, was the generation Jesus was talking about. That would see

Armegeddon."

• flipper
    flipper

WASBLIND- It sounds like the witnesses that explained the " generation " doctrine to you were smoking too much Peyote . " The people livimg after the flood , was the generation Jesus was talking about " ? Does this witness calling on you realize from right after the flood until now their have been THOUSANDS of generation's ( plural ) ? If Armageddon hasn't come yet- it ain't coming

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's what they told me flipp.

there has been only two generations, the one before the flood, and the one after

do I get a prize for the worst explaination of the generation ?

what did i win, what did i win

• flipper
    flipper

WASBLIND- Yeah, I think you DO get a prize for having the " worst " explanation of generation yet put out by witnesses ! LOL ! Your prize is keeping your freedom and not getting tangled up with those scam masters ! That is an incredible explanation the JW's gave you- obviously they haven't read the dictionary definition of generation to be sure. " Only been two generations- one before the flood & one after the flood. " Incredible. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Flipp,

I asked this on another thread, If noah and his family were part of the first generation

and they lived to see the birth of their grandchildren aren't they overlappin' still makin'

that one generation ?

• flipper
    flipper

WASBLIND- Well, if Noah lived to see his grandchildren - his grandchildren would be the 3rd generation from Noah. His own children would be the 2nd generation and he would be the 1st generation. They wouldn't all be 1 generation. Whether they overlap or not. The grandchildren would STILL be a different generation from Noah. It amazes me that the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses are messing with & contradicting the dictionary definition of what makes a generation. A generation is just one succession of descent in our relatives. Like WE are one generation- our children are the NEXT generation, and so forth. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be defined , but the witnesses are trying to change that. Crazy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit