Have your JW Relatives Explained about Generation/Overlap Change to You ?

by flipper 269 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg asked Eggnog:

If I were to stop any random JW and ask them "How do you know that the WTS is God’s sole channel?", would they not respond, "Because they predicted Jesus’ presence in 1914"?

Eggnog responded:

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but you had better hope that you do not select me at random, for I would not answer in such a simplistic fashion. I fancy myself as being a mature Christian, so when you asked this same question before, I told you that as my "short answer" to your question is that there has only been one Christian-based religious organization …Blah, blah, blah.

What does your claim about there has only been one Christian-based religious organization that has more than adequately fulfilled organization that has more than adequately fulfilled Bible prophecies…Blah, blah, blah have to do with how the average Dubber would respond to the question about the presence of Christ in 1914? You said “but you had better hope that you do not select me at random, for I would not answer in such a simplistic fashion.” Is not the supposed fulfilled prophecy the idea that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914?

From what you have demonstrated, you won’t answer the question at all. Is my assessment of the average Dubbers’ response accurate, or not? What response would I get to this question from the average JW: Did the WTS/Chuck Russell predict Jesus’ invisible presence would occur in 1914? Again, if the composite sign was so obvious, why did it take them until 1943 to see it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Eggnog said:" When exactly was the last time you visited a public library to read a novel anyway? I'm just curious since many folks buy novels and only visit book stores for other kinds of books, non-fiction typically"

So i take it you never read anything other than literature from the WTS, no wonder your so screwed up

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

This is a repost of my previous post to you, which contained a number of typos that have been corrected in this repost, but a reply to your post is appended to the end of this post.

@wasblind wrote:

do you know the difference between a post and a novel[?]

@djeggnog wrote:

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Why do you ask? By the way, when I post I have a lot to say, but judging by [what is typically the] length of your posts, you don't have much to say, [therein] lies the reason our posts differ from one another, but novels they're not.

@wasblind wrote:

if i wanted to read a novel i'd use my library card and get a damn book.

@djeggnog wrote:

Why do you have a library card? Are you able to understand what things you read whenever you visit the public library? When exactly was the last time you visited a public library to read a novel anyway? I'm just curious since many folks buy novels and only visit [the public library] for other kinds of books, non-fiction typically.

@wasblind wrote (in response to my question, "Why do you have a library card?"):

I most certainly do, not censored by the WTS anymore, it's refreshing to read something without images of people dying or laying dead in the street.

Are you telling me that you were of the mistaken belief that as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you thought or felt that you thought it to be impermissible for you to visit a public library to do research or as a leisure activity or that you thought or felt estopped from walking into a book store to buy a novel or any other kind of book that might have been of interest to you? I don't believe you could expect anyone to believe that you didn't have a library card until after you left off from active association with Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm wondering if you have any other such stories that you would like to share with me, @wasblind. Do you?

@Mad Dawg wrote:

If I were to stop any random JW and ask them "How do you know that the WTS is God’s sole channel?", would they not respond, "Because they predicted Jesus’ presence in 1914"?

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but you had better hope that you do not select me at random, for I would not answer in such a simplistic fashion. I fancy myself as being a mature Christian, so when you asked this same question before, I told you that as my "short answer" to your question is that there has only been one Christian-based religious organization that has more than adequately fulfilled Bible prophecies regarding the worldwide preaching work and the faithful and discreet slave (Matthew 24:14; 24:45-47) for more than 130 years now and that would be the association of Jehovah's Witnesses through its governing body, God's collective channel of communication.

"The WTS is not God's sole channel of communication. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's sole channel of communication, and, more specifically, Jesus' anointed congregation -- the faithful and discreet slave -- that is God's sole channel of communication. Jehovah's Witnesses, who are of the 'other sheep,' and are associates of the 'faithful slave,' are a part of this same channel." Now this is exactly what I told you before.

You said that "any random JW" would respond something to the effect about how 'Jehovah's Witnesses had predicted Jesus' presence as beginning in 1914', but were you ask me the question, "How do you know that the WTS is God's sole channel?"

I would say that the WTS is not God's sole channel of communication, but is merely a publishing company staffed by Jehovah's Witnesses. I would tell you that Jehovah's Witnesses is God's sole channel of communication, which is not what "you guys" on this forum are wont to say whenever this question is asked.

I would also tell you that it isn't true that Jehovah's Witnesses predicted the date of 1914 as the date of Jesus' invisible presence, because Jehovah's Witnesses do no make predictions. All of this is what I would tell you in response to your question, because I have a keen understanding of the truth and of the organization of which I am a part, and this misinformation isn't limited to what was supposed in your question to me here, but is something that many active Jehovah's Witnesses are caught saying, and so, whenever I can, I will usually make an effort to point out how their saying this is incorrect, and underscore the very facts as I've given them to you here in this post (and in my previous one on this point.)

@Mad Dawg wrote:

What does your claim about --

there [having] only been one Christian-based religious organization that has more than adequately fulfilled Bible prophecies regarding the worldwide preaching work and the faithful and discreet slave (Matthew 24:14; 24:45-47) for more than 130 years now

-- have to do with how the average Dubber would respond to the question about the presence of Christ in 1914?

What do you mean by "the average Dubber?" What's a "Dubber"? If "Dubber" should be a word that is used here on this forum to disparage Jehovah's Witnesses, I don't recognize it and I do not know any "Dubbers."

@Mad Dawg wrote:

You said --

but you had better hope that you do not select me at random, for I would not answer in such a simplistic fashion.

Is not the supposed fulfilled prophecy the idea that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914?

Yes, but that is because of any "prediction" that Jehovah's Witnesses can take credit for making. In addition to Russell, there were five other men on whom God's spirit began to operate, men that were all teaching the same thing with respect to the year 1914, namely, Jonas Wendell (1815-1873), who had been associated with the Second Adventist Church; Nelson H. Barbour (1824-1906), who had been associated with the Millerites Adventists; George Stetson (1814-1879), who had been associated with the Advent Christian Church; Henry Grew (1781-1862), who had been associated with the Orthodox Church; and George Storrs (1796-1879), who had been associated with the Methodist Church. This date was calculated based upon when the Gentile Times began in 607 BC, and when the Gentile Times ended 2,520 years later in 1914. Like I said, this date wasn't a prediction made by Russell; it's a calculation that even you can make.

From what you have demonstrated, you won’t answer the question at all.

I believe I have answered your questions fully.

Is my assessment of the average Dubbers’ response accurate, or not?

How would I know? You refer here to "the average Dubbers' response," but first tell me what is a "Dubber," unless you are using this word disparagingly in referring to Jehovah's Witnesses, for I neither recognize nor do I know any "Dubbers."

What response would I get to this question from the average JW: Did the WTS/Chuck Russell predict Jesus’ invisible presence would occur in 1914?

No, Russell did not do that. As a matter of fact, I had to correct one of my typos in this very thread to ensure that I was not communicating that Russell had indicated that Jesus' invisible presence would occur in 1914, for Russell did not predict any date at all, but had only indicated that his calculations had revealed that Jesus' invisible presence had begun in the year 1874. Like I told you before when you brought this up early on in this thread, there is a difference between Jesus' "presence" and Jesus' "coming." The first occurred in 1914 whereas the second will not occur until after the great tribulation.

Again, if the composite sign was so obvious, why did it take them until 1943 to see it?

I'm sure that I cannot tell you why it is that something that seems so clear to Jehovah's Witnesses today wasn't made apparent to us at any earlier time than it was revealed, but the same thing happened in 49 AD regarding the circumcision issue, whereas nothing at all had been revealed by Jehovah through His spirit until 16 after Pentecost in 33 AD. If Jehovah's Witnesses having discerned the meaning of this composite sign at Matthew chapters 24 and 25 was important pre-1943, then I'm sure that Jehovah would have revealed this to us pre-1943, but I cannot pretend that I know Jehovah's mind, but what Jehovah's Witnesses do have is "the mind of Christ." ( 1 Corinthians 2:16)

@djeggnog wrote:

When exactly was the last time you visited a public library to read a novel anyway? I'm just curious since many folks buy novels and only visit [the public library] for other kinds of books, non-fiction typically.

@wasblind wrote:

So i take it you never read anything other than literature from the WTS, no wonder your so screwed up

I had typoed earlier and had written "book stores" instead of "the public library," but I am quite well-read. If you pay closer attention to what things I write here, you would have already realized this by now and wouldn't be here asking me such ignorant questions. Better yet, let me put that in another way: I'm nothing like you.

@djeggnog

• Essan
    Essan

DjEggnogg said: "For Russell did not predict any date at all, but had only indicated that his calculations had revealed that Jesus' invisible presence had begun in the year 1874. Like I told you before when you brought this up early on in this thread, there is a difference between Jesus' "presence" and Jesus' "coming." The first occurred in 1914 whereas the second will not occur until after the great tribulation."

GIVE ME STRENGTH!

DJ, For the FIFTH TIME!

The CATEGORICAL PROOF that Russell PREDICTED CHRIST'S "COMING" FOR 1914 - the evidence, NEW evidence, that YOU ASKED FOR - is on page 10 of this thread, in my post 328, which is eleven posts down from the top:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/196432/10/Have-your-JW-Relatives-Explained-about-Generation-Overlap-Change-to-You

READ IT, RESPOND and RETRACT this wholly false claim that you keep making which is proven completely untrue by numerous direct quotes from Russell himself, given as you requested!

Or be thoroughly exposed as a deliberate fraud and a liar, at worst, or a complete simpleton at best.

• The Finger
  • Essan
    Essan

I can't see any text in the last post. Just a heads up.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Essan,

I did post something and changed my mind.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I see that I had an honorable mention 4 times in your post

I knew you had a crush on me Big Boy

• The Finger
    The Finger

"This is not really so, now is it? Do you really have faith? Are you the sort that has faith "to the preserving alive of the soul"? Or, are you the kind of person that has just "[shrunk] back to destruction? (Hebrews 10:39) If the former were true, this would be a good thing, but I have judged that the latter is true about you, which is not a good thing."

Djeggnog,

If I have faith in Christ ransom sacrifice then I have life. A lack of faith is what destroys the soul and you are not my judge.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

This is not really so, now is it? Do you really have faith? Are you the sort that has faith "to the preserving alive of the soul"? Or, are you the kind of person that has just "[shrunk] back to destruction? (Hebrews 10:39) If the former were true, this would be a good thing, but I have judged that the latter is true about you, which is not a good thing.

@The Finger wrote:

If I have faith in [Christ's] ransom sacrifice then I have life. A lack of faith is what destroys the soul and you are not my judge.

Have you really deluded yourself into believing that you will have life, just based on your assertion that you have faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice? That's rich! You have one that judges you, and you are absolutely correct that I am not that judge. When I said "I have judged that the latter is true about you," you thought you would make sure to tell me that I am not your judge, but you're very mistaken, sir; I am judging you right now. You do know that the holy ones" -- the anointed -- will judge the world, right? But in this world, who do you think is judging you in all things, even "very trivial matters"? Do you not know that men have been appointed as overseers over the flock in the congregations of God, and that I am qualified to judge you? Or do you really think that whenever a Judicial Committee is formed to address wrongdoing of some sort, or maybe to investigate a bad report of some kind, that the elders are at that time sitting as judges? (1 Corinthians 6:2)

No, you may not be actively attending the local Kingdom Hall where I attend, but you are my brother, a dedicated followers of Christ Jesus, and as such you are within my jurisdiction, for if you were to do something objectionable here in Los Angeles, but move to Detroit, to Houston, to London or, say, Munich, your record from Los Angeles will follow you because you have to remember that Jesus is now reigning as king, ruling in the midst of his enemies, but ruling nonetheless over the entire association of brothers in the world. But the truth is that there are those among us -- active brothers and sisters -- that do not discern what they are, caught up, as it were, in the affairs of this world and not viewing the trust seriously. But in order that they do not become condemned with the world, we judge them, for it is in this way that Jehovah disciples His people. (1 Corinthians 11:31, 32)

Contrary to what you just said to me in your post, I'm going to tell you sternly that just as necessity if laid upon me to preach the good news of the kingdom of God, it is also laid upon every dedicated brother and sister in Christ to be declaring the good news fully, not just the parts of it that may be convenient for you, but I mean that you are charged by God as His steward to whom His word has been entrusted with declaring all of it, all of the counsel of God." Even if you should do so against your will, a stewardship has been entrusted to you just the same, for woe to you, @The Finger, if you should not now be declaring the good news. (Acts 20:27; 1 Corinthians 9:16-18)

You know that Jehovah sent his son Jesus from heaven down to the earth in order to give you, me, everyone on the board right now and those not actively using it at the moment, even the politicians and the murderers and the thieves and fornicators of this world, a release by ransom, through the merit of Jesus' shed blood (Matthew 20:28), but just your having mere head knowledge of some of the profound truths found in the Bible that are associated with the good news cannot, and will not, save anyone.

You don't really think that you can bluff your way into God's new order through the mere utterance of the mantra, "I have faith in Christ's ransom sacrifice," do you? Do you really think words alone can qualify anyone to become a beneficiary of this everlasting release by ransom that can only be received by our exercising faith in the merit of this ransom? Please tell me that you haven't totally deluded yourself into believing that you qualify as a beneficiary of it because of your faith. For you, what does this even mean???

For one thing, Jesus preached the need for folks to repent of their sins, and some that heard him preach these things did repent while others essentially told Jesus to go fly a kite, right? However, it is those that stuck with Jesus during his many trials that were promised a seat in the heavenly kingdom of God. (Luke 22:28-30) But as Jesus pointed out regarding his "other sheep" at John 10:16, 27, 28, it only those sheep that both listened to his voice and followed him that he was going to be giving everlasting life, for everyone else, he indicated, would be destroyed. (John 10:16, 27, 28) Surely you did read this statement from Jesus in your own copy of the Bible, didn't you? It's definitely in mine!

In the first century AD, those religious leaders that claimed to love and worship the true God, as I'm supposing is your claim as well, did nothing but only evil in God's sight, even if in man's sight, they thought that they looked the part of being righteous before God when in reality, they only appeared righteous before men. (Matthew 23:27, 28) They couldn't fool Jehovah; they couldn't fool Jesus either with their pretense of righteousness, and Jesus went on to indicate "the judgment of Gehenna" is what awaited them, for many would say to Jesus in that day of judgment, didn't we prophesy in your name?

Jesus would tell them to get away from him, because he had never knew them as being one of his followers, but that he only knew them as "workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:22, 23) Indeed, "if one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him" ( James 4:17), so if you've not been making public declaration for salvation, which is the right thing for you to have been doing and to be doing even now, then how can you, a dedicated brother, possibly expect to become a beneficiary of the ransom provision of the Christ?

Those that actually become recipients of Jesus' ransom are those that made a transformation, making over their mind, and not just hearing the word, but exercising faith in what we heard by our actively supporting God's arrangement for the establishment of the new earth, which can only be done through preaching the word and fully accomplishing our ministry. (Romans 12:2; 2 Timothy 4:15) Jehovah is saving others by the commandment that Christ has given to us: By means of their acceptance of "the word about the Christ," for faith is what follows the thing heard. (Romans 10:17) It is only by one's Christian works of faith that folks are going obtain everlasting life, but anyone that disobeys the Son won't see life at all, for God's wrath remains upon such a one. (John 3:36) If we do not preach the word about Jesus, then how will they hear? If they have not been given the opportunity to hear about Jesus, how will they ever come to put faith in him.?

If you, a dedicated servant of God, are not out there regularly preaching the message of the kingdom of God as a proof of your faith, but are keeping what things you learned both before and after your baptism about the Christ, his ransom and God's kingdom, then how on earth will others know that you even have faith or that your faith is a real, a genuine faith? How will Jesus know? How will Jehovah know?

In your post, you wrote: "If I have faith in [Christ's] ransom sacrifice then I have life," but where exactly is your faith anyway? Did you lose it or did someone take it away from you? If the latter, how could you have allowed something like that to have occurred? Truly, if one is not a doer of the word, but just a hearer of it (and it sounds to me that you aren't even that!), then James says at James 1:22 that you are what? He said that you would be "deceiving your self with false reasoning," didn't he?

You also said in your post that a lack of faith is what destroys the soul. What "soul" do you mean? Do you mean that lack of faith can destroys one personally or did you mean something else altogether when you wrote this? Do you believe your being sent out by Jesus to "make disciples ... teaching them" (Matthew 28:19, 20), and your deliberate refusal to obey Jesus in "making disciples ... teaching them" is somewhat akin to exercising faith or what? What do you think? The apostle Peter wrote that "the righteous man is being saved with difficulty," so where exactly will you make a showing, someone that is ungodly and deliberately sinning against God by knowing what things you ought to be doing and yet not doing these things? (1 Peter 4:18)

Really, then, it's clear that neither the ungodly person nor the deliberate sinner will be saved, none of such persons will not become a beneficiary of the release by ransom. And considering that a Christian should be doing things that would vindicate Jehovah's name that the ungodly and deliberate sinners are reproaching -- that would be people just like you, right? -- that the Devil might be proven to be the liar he is in his claiming that the servants of God will be lacking in integrity and would even curse God by word and in deed when "the going gets rough." How can you expect the receive the benefit of the ransom when your wilfully conducting yourself in opposition to God's will renders you an opponent of truth, an opponent of God's righteousness, an agent of God's adversary, Satan the Devil? (1 Peter 5:8)

At John 3:16, Jesus stated that God loved the world, but was it the entire world of mankind that God loved so much, or was it the world of redeemable human beings exercising faith in Jesus' ransom? Jesus said at John 3:18, that he that exercises faith in him is not to be judged, but he that does not exercise faith in him "has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God." Now if you were to die tomorrow, would you be saved in Jesus ransom by your not doing the things that you're not doing? What do you think?

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security believing (as you apparently do!) that the ransom provision of Christ will, in fact, be applied in your behalf whether you live tomorrow or you should die tomorrow. I'm telling you, @The Finger, that it won't. It's delusional thinking for you to be thinking otherwise; I'm telling you the truth. The release by ransom is a gift that only those that are not willfully sinning after having received an accurate knowledge of the truth, for the only thing that awaits you, and folks that are just like you here, is judgment because you are presently exercising your will in opposition to Jehovah. (Hebrews 10:26, 27; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) Or are you so far out there in "la la land" with your "theology" as to your having faith in the ransom without exercise of any of the requisite faith, and all of that, that you just don't care any more? Is that it, @The Finger? Wait! I'm in "La La Land," aren't I?

@djeggnog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit