Have your JW Relatives Explained about Generation/Overlap Change to You ?

by flipper 269 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

ESSAN- Eggnog is intellectually dishonest because he is trained to be that way under the influence of WT cult mind control. Trying to penetrate THAT is like trying to penetrate a brick wall. Until his blinders come off- it's pretty much a waste of time. It's like he's been shot up with a drug and is in a stupor . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Essan
    Essan

Hi Flipper,

Agreed. But I don't think I've ever seen a worse case than this. It's monumentally frustrating to deal with but I also find it pretty terrifying to observe. I hadn't realized quite to what degree humans were capable of retarding their thinking ability, rendering otherwise potentially bright people virtual morons - at least in this context. Couple that with an even greater than usual degree of the Watchtower induced arrogant belief that JW's have nothing to learn and everything to teach and we have these epic, evidence free, meaningless epistles which make no real point and hardly ever address the hard evidence presented by others, and even when they do, they show that he simply cannot comprehend the obvious implications of, well, anything really. It's pretty shocking and it's a terrible shame.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

I maybe wrong but to illustrate my view of the presence is like this,

I am waiting on the underground station in London. After a while there is a breeze on the platform I know the train is coming. The train arrives it has come and on it at the front is the identification of where it is going, it is the train i've been waiting for. It is now present.

With Christ the identification is in verse 30 and sign prior to that is of his coming not his presence.

• flipper
    flipper

ESSAN - I hear what you are saying. It is really terrifying isn't it to see mind control at it's worst possessing Eggnog ? The condescending, know it all attitude starts at the top of the WT society with the GB, infiltrating into Circuit & District overseers, then into elders in congregations. From there the arrogance and self righteous all knowing attitude infiltrates family " heads " - husbands dominating over wives and children. They get the brunt of all the totalitariansm and abuse of authority. THen if women and children get pissed- the family dog gets kicked or abused. It's a never ending chain of mental, emotional, and spiritual mind control & abuse.

THE FINGER- Good illustration. We shall see if Eggnog responds. Oh yeah, it's Sunday he's busy having a spiritual lobotomy performed on his mind for a couple hours- I forgot

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

You are right, Flipper, in your description of the WT society and how it trickles down.

• whereami
    whereami

You know I was thinking, this person (Djeggnog) is realy off his rocker. It makes me think, how sad it is to be this brainwashed. Listening to him ramble on like a mad man just spouting off JW gibberish is difficult to bear.

But at the same time I'm soooo glad he's doing exactly that. Djeggnog, you have no idea of the favor you do all the people you condemn on here.

You do more damage to your cause than any of us 'apostates" can dream of doing. I mean look at you. If your not the complete example to other JW's in doubt roaming these boards, of the perfect example of what this disease of a religion does to people I don't know what is.

Please, please stay and continue participate on this forum. We NEED you more that you know.

• flipper
    flipper

SCARRED FOR LIFE- Indeed, yes, it is a trickle down effect this abuse of power from the top down in the WT society.

WHEREAMI- I agree with you Whereami . People like DJ Eggnog really show with an exclamation point !! just how dangerously deluded many JW's are and it's good for people to see that- whether they are witnesses or not. It teaches us and helps us learn

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@booby, @Mall Cop, @The Finger, @flipper, @Scarred for life and @whereami

This is a repost of my previous post, which had too many errors in it to count, which typos have been corrected in this repost, but replies to each of you are appended to the end of this post.

@djeggnog wrote:

I've read everything in this thread, but when @Essan goes on to conflate a bad argument that he didn't prove by throwing at it more things he declares to be"lies" into the mix, it's all I can do but wonder why he didn't bother to read what I wrote:

Can you post here a citation from any of the WTS' publications that specifically [indicates] that Russell predicted "the invisible coming of Christ in 1914"? I'd like to read one of these WTS publications wherein it is stated how Russell actually made a prediction as to "the invisible coming of Christ in 1914." Do you have anything like that?

@Mad Dawg wrote:

You are getting closer here. Russell and the Watchtower said that Jesus’ invisible presence began in 1874. In fact, the Watchtower continued with 1874 until it changed the date in 1943. The WTS has never retracted its statements about 1874. It simply waited 30 years and gave a new date. BTW, if the composite sign of the parousia in 1914 is so obvious, why did it take the WTS 30 years to see it?

First of all, there is a difference between Jesus' "presence" and Jesus' "coming," and I cannot make this any [clearer] than I have made it. In my [previous] post, [I] was reacting to what @Essan said, not to what he did not say.

Next, I'm not concerned with "getting closer here." Many of the things that Russell taught are not taught by Jehovah's Witnesses today and haven't been taught for many years now, and just as I wasn't alive when Russell was teaching these things, hardly any of Jehovah's Witnesses today were alive at that time, so they cannot be painted with what things Russell may have believed or taught in his day before they ever heard the truth, let alone before they became dedicated and baptized Witnesses of Jehovah.

Here's [something] analogous to this very question: Should reparations be given to blacks here in the US for the wrongs done toward them as a race of people when slavery was institutionalized here in the US, and if so, how much should each family get in recompense for those wrongs and from whom? And if you answer "from the whites that economically benefitted from that institution," but I'd ask you "from which whites" since there are whites that immigrated to the US way after slavery had been abolished -- maybe within the last year, for example, that had nothing at all to do with the goings-on here in this country during the 1700s, 1800s and 1900s, but because of the white privilege automatically accorded them by whites in this country, these white immigrants have become unwitting beneficiaries of the legacy of slavery that preexisted their setting foot on American soil, and so it would be unfair IMO to paint all whites with the same brush since some incurred benefits by their just having shown up white for an employment interview or in finding suitable living quarters in a housing tract or project, or when they submitted an application for their child to attend a specific college or when making application for a business loan.

This comment was inspired by another thread that I have been following (without comment though), but I am bringing up this fact to make the point that you are free to accuse anyone you wish, least of all Jehovah's Witnesses, for the statements that Russell may have made before any of them were even born, but to ask any of these folks, even Jehovah's Witnesses, to provide an explanation in defense of someone else's statements, especially the ones that they were taught by other Jehovah's Witnesses to have been an incorrect viewpoint, but to do so is like asking white immigrants to pay reparations to blacks for something that none of them were responsible, although they unwittingly became beneficiaries of institutional slavery.

Personally, I'm not in the least concerned with what things I know Jehovah's Witnesses no longer believe or teach. If long ago, Jehovah's Witnesses were preaching things based on someone else's speculation, then it could well be true that once upon a time we were teaching things that were wholly unscriptural, and I say this without any equivocation. But I only feel responsible for teaching things that I have not personally verified as the truth, and anyone that should repeat something that they may have heard someone say or read somewhere without first verifying its veracity before doing so is guilty of spreading a rumor that may even be a lie or engaging in slander.

However, there's no way that I'm not going to even try to provide an explanation for any teaching that a dead guy may or may not have taught since I don't personally know whether Russell was responsible for any of these statements on which"you guys" here keep harping or were statements edited by someone on his editorial staff that made it to print for which Russell, as president of the WTS, would have been liable at law, but to which he may or may not have subscribed at all. I do not agree with many of the statements contained in the volumes of "Studies in the Scriptures," but I do agree with some of them.

As a matter of fact, I recently quoted something in this thread that regarding one of Jesus' extraordinary miracles (Mark 5:22-24, 35-43) had been published in Zion's Watch Tower, April 15, 1900, with which all Jehovah's Witnesses today disagree: "The miracle performed upon Jairus’ daughter is nowhere designated a resurrection, nor was it such in fact.... [Jesus] merely awakened her, leaving her upon the same plane of death on which she had been born, and had thus far lived for twelve years." (Id. at pp. 2617, 2618.) But so what?

As a licensed LDA here in Los Angeles County that works with other attorneys and has a keen understanding of what is actionable libel or slander and what doesn't constitute defamation of anyone, I am not concerned nor do I worry about someone indicting me for comments made by someone else.

I might know more about the law than [many] of you here and this may be why "you guys" here are basically arguing to the wind, because all of you, quite frankly, sound like gossipy women (no offense to the ladies, but I believe we all recognize who the gossipy one are!) that are still in a quandary as to why it is they were no longer welcome as a member of the knitting club: namely, because you were loud and boisterous, and weren't willing to obey the club rules for longer than a week or two before you eventually resumed the loud and boisterous behavior that eventually got them tossed.

What is important though is not what statements may or may not have been made by a dead guy some 136 years ago. What's important is that we lose the "bitter jealousy and contentiousness" and serve the true God, that we "not be bragging and lying against the truth," but walk in accord with His ways. (James 3:14) And one of the last things I need is for you, @Essan or anyone else here to post scriptures with a view to proving that Pastor Russell was an imperfect soul, because there is one thing on which everyone here will agree (unless they be fools!) that all of us are imperfect sinners that have fallen short of God's glory (Romans 3:23), which is primarily why some of us were first attracted to the message of the gospel or good news, whether as one of Jehovah's Witnesses or as a God-fearing individual belonging to some other Christian denomination.

Also, it would be derelict on my part in this vein to not mention the fact that at death we are all acquitted of our sins by God (Romans 6:7), so all of this intrigue over Russell that drives these anti-Jehovah's Witness discussions aside, if you're presently out of the "club," then man-up (or woman-up) and accept this, and do not pretend that the elders are responsible for your decision to leave and stay gone, although it's true that some elders have been responsible for "encouraging" the families of some of their brothers to either change congregations or leave God's organization, making these elders responsible for stumbling some that have taken their unfair treatment seriously, thrown up their hands and left us for good. Hopefully, they will come to their senses and realize that the elders are imperfect men, too, and that not one of them can accurately read anyone's heart and so, as Jesus said, the causes for stumbling come, but "woe to the one through whom they come!" (Luke 17:1)

You did ask though "if the composite sign of the parousia in 1914 is so obvious, why did it take the WTS 30 years to see it? and I'm sure that I cannot answer your question since it assumes facts not in evidence. On what is this "30 years to see it" part of your question based? Is this conjecture on your part or do you have facts to support this portion of your statement regarding this "30 years"? I'd be interested in seeing what you can provide in support.

If I were to stop any random JW and ask them "How do you know that the WTS is God’s sole channel?", would they not respond, "Because they predicted Jesus’ presence in 1914"?

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but you had better hope that you do not select me at random, for I would not answer in such a simplistic fashion. I fancy myself as being a mature Christian, so when you asked this same question before, I told you that as my "short answer" to your question is that there has only been one Christian-based religious organization that has more than adequately fulfilled Bible prophecies regarding the worldwide preaching work and the faithful and discreet slave (Matthew 24:14; 24:45-47) for more than 130 years now and that would be the association of Jehovah's Witnesses through its governing body, God's collective channel of communication.

"The WTS is not God's sole channel of communication. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's sole channel of communication, and, more specifically, Jesus' anointed congregation -- the faithful and discreet slave -- that is God's sole channel of communication. Jehovah's Witnesses, who are of the 'other sheep,' and are associates of the 'faithful slave,' are a part of this same channel." Now this is exactly what I told you before.

Jehovah's Witnesses worship the true God, Jehovah, and when God's spirit clearly began to operate upon five (5) men (in addition to Russell back in 1876), God used those dedicated Bible students to reveal even more about Himself than had been known or had been taught about Him. These five men were Jonas Wendell (1815-1873), who had been associated with the Second Adventist Church; Nelson H. Barbour (1824-1906), who had been associated with the Millerites Adventists; George Stetson (1814-1879), who had been associated with the Advent Christian Church; Henry Grew (1781-1862), who had been associated with the Orthodox Church; and George Storrs (1796-1879), who had been associated with the Methodist Church.

When it became evident that God had been blessing Russell's efforts to champion Bible truth, Russell took the lead in 1879 in publishing the magazine, Zion's Watch Tower, and although he was an imperfect man and what things he published were not inspired, God's blessings continued to be on his work so that it was discerned that it had become the instrument and sole channel of communication through which God was using to gather the remaining ones of the anointed and to make whatever changes or adjustments it deemed necessary to nourish the household of faith with spiritual food at the proper time so that the organization kept multiplying.

If in the future, @Mad Dawg, you should decide to ask me this same question a third time, my answer will be the same, pretty much.

@booby:

Amazing what the "generation" topic has generated. But to djeggnog I also have a question. In the dvd put out this year, faith in action it is stated that Russell had a problem with the notion that a god of love could be reconciled with the hell fire doctrine that taught 'eternal torment'. Do you think that Russell would do any better with the teaching or belief that is promulgated by Jesus' anointed congregation -- the faithful and discreet slave -- that is God's sole channel of communication [as you] put it, that this god of love is prepared to, imminently, cause the death in yet to be seen horrific fashion of billions of people including babies and young innocent children.

"Do any better"? How could I possibly tell you what Russell would have done were he living on earth with us today? I could speculate as many here are doing, but what I can do is tell you that Russell at least knew what I know as to the fact that all judgment now devolves to the Lord Jesus Christ, and that Jehovah is confident that He can depended upon His son to do justice on the earth. If Jesus should decide to give a pass to the "billions of people including babies and young innocent children," as you put it in your post, that will have to face judgment along with the rest of us here on earth at Armageddon, that would his prerogative. By your question, you are essentially asking me to second guess Christ or to speculate on things having to do with judgment that I could not possibly know.

However, this question of yours makes it seem as if you are in doubt as to why Jehovah's Witnesses are going about their disciple-making business in the earth, which they are doing "for a witness" to them of what's coming, that they may perhaps heed the warning that is included in our proclaiming "this good news of the kingdom" and take the steps necessary to dedicate themselves to God through Jesus Christ that they might be saved from the expression of God's wrath against this wicked system of things at Armageddon. Keep in mind though that in juxtaposing the judgment that came against the world of ungodly men by the global deluge that destroyed the world from which Noah and seven others were saved, the apostle Peter indicated at 2 Peter 3:20 that these "eight souls" were the only survivors that escaped the execution of God's judgment that came against that ancient world. I have no reason to conclude (and you don't either!) that "babies and young innocent children" were given a pass so that any of these were escapees along with the "eight souls" about which Peter tells us that escaped that judgment as survivors of it.

Since you've asked me to speculate, I'll say this since I'm just guessing here: Russell would likely conclude, I would imagine -- even as I have concluded -- that, just like his Father, Jesus would likewise not be giving anyone that doesn't respond positively to the message that is being proclaimed today with respect to the heavenly kingdom of God by Christ Jesus, which kingdom is recognized by Jehovah's Witnesses as having, since 1914, begun ruling as king a pass either, which is how I read what Peter also says at 2 Peter 3:5-7 about "the day of judgment" of "the heavens and the earth that are now" that will be like the "destruction of the ungodly men that died in that ancient world, which "world ... suffered destruction when it was deluged with water."

It will be as if the civil authorities (e.g., the police) had warned these folks about an impending disaster that would have calamitous, even deadly consequences, upon all of the homeowners that should choose not to escape for their souls during one of those raging wildfires that have occurred here many times here in California in order that they might save their homes from the inferno that these authorities believe could likely devour their homes as well as everyone that is impacted by these homeowners' decision despite the dire warnings by authorities as to the dangers of their doing so. If it should turn out to have been a bad decision by these homeowners to ignore the warnings given and not evacuate their homes, and those homeowners should perish, so would everyone else that happened to be living in those homes be adversely affected by this bad decision, one's elderly parents as well as "babies and young innocent children" would be impacted.

Perhaps you are under the impression that in the new earth (following Armageddon) these billions of fatherless and motherless children that will have become orphans as the proximate result of the judgment rendered against their unbelieving parents by King Jesus will became wards here in the earthly realm of God's kingdom, and that Jesus will surely inaugurate a comprehensive day care initiative in the earth so that Armageddon survivors might provide care for them so as to teach these children what God's righteousness requires of them in addition to their responsibilities to care for and teach (a) their own children and (b) those assigned to them of the resurrected dead, which would include not only billions of adults, but their children as well that are hearing the good news for the very first time in the new earth.

But at Isaiah 65:19 indicates that will be no "sound of weeping over calamity," as surely would exist if such orphans should they discover that their parents are dead because of the judgment of the king; there would certainly be heard many "plaintive cries" from these orphans. It is also contrary to what Isaiah 65:20-23 says about someone building homes and planting food for those made orphans to give them occupancy someone and for these orphans to be fed by dedicated Armageddon survivors to care of the children of undedicated parents. Would not these Armageddon survivors have toiled for nothing if they should be required to raise these orphans in their own homes only for them to suffer "disturbance" due to one of these children having to have evil called down upon them because of their refusal to learn righteousness?

Considering the fact that at Isaiah 65:17, Jehovah said through His prophet Isaiah that "the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart," I really don't see Jesus endorsing such a day care initiative. Tell me this: How likely would you embrace such an initiative by your own government requiring you to take into your home and raise, along with your own children, an incorrigible youth that had formerly been housed in a juvenile detention center as its way of addressing the problems of thousands of wayward youth offenders suddenly being without a home due to a fire perhaps started by one of these youths when their own parents would not accept them as occupants in their own homes? If you wouldn't readily agree to doing this, then why would you even think that Jesus would consider Armageddon survivors dong such a thing?

I have no way of knowing whether King Jesus will be giving anyone of the world's billions of children a pass at Armageddon, and I have to admit that I haven't done a lot of thinking about what such a circumstance would mean in the new earth, but I don't think it likely that such passes will be given the children of unbelieving parents that perish at Armageddon due to their unbelief just because they are children. I think that if the parents of these children are considered unclean, making them unholy because they either 'don't know God or didn't obey the good news,' so that they perished at Armageddon, then it's likely that their offspring cannot be deemed clean or "holy" either if neither of their parents were believing, having a righteous standing as clean or holy before God. (1 Corinthians 7:14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

@Mall Cop:

The Denial of Death, death anxiety is your problem. All of your thinking is about obtaining eternal life. I don't blame you, it is hard to accept that dust you are and to dust you shall return.

I accept what I am, that I am dust, but my hope is that I will never have to taste death at all. But if I should become a statistic among the many fatalities here in the Golden State, my hope is that Jesus will call and I will answer that call. I'm totally fine with either outcome.

@The Finger:

I'm still not totally clear on this. This vacation you went on and then came back from and could have been in work but weren't and they thought you would be so you were actually present in a "parousia."

What does "present in a 'parousia' mean exactly? Does it mean "present in a presence" or "parousia in a parousia"? You have here used the English word "presence" and the Greek word _parousia_ the same way someone might use the word "six" and someone else might convey the very same thought using the phrase "a half dozen," but in the analogy to which you are here referring, I had referred to the boss' expected return to the office by his employees on that Monday, the first business day after the anticipated end of his vacation had arrived, as their boss' presence, and had distinguished his presence from his actual arrival at the office on that Monday or on any other day of that week as their boss' coming.

Like if when the elder who visits me invites me to the hall like he did a few weeks ago and i said when i come back from my [house]. and he's waiting outside to greet me and i'm watching TV [instead], go next week I am actually present it's my invisible presence my "parousia" and my coming is next week. (If i'm present like this do they count me) Am I getting this?

Nope. Using the scenario you provide here, your presence would begin when you indicated to this elder that you would be coming to the Kingdom Hall, but until you actually show up at the Kingdom Hall, there is only your presence, and were this elder to have shared with other elders what you told him as to your coming to the Kingdom Hall on a particular day, and it should turn out that you do not show up at all on that day, and you should instead show up at the Kingdom Hall a week or two later, your presence would continue until the day of your arrival at the Kingdom Hall, but your coming will have finally occurred on whatever day it was that you did show up a week or two later.

@The Finger:

I maybe wrong but to illustrate my view of the presence is like this, [but] I am waiting on the underground station in London. After a while there is a breeze on the platform I know the train is coming. The train arrives it has come and on it at the front is the identification of where it is going, it is the train i've been waiting for. It is now present. With Christ the identification is in verse 30 and sign prior to that is of his coming not his presence.

You are here describing this train as coming and then saying that when it finally arrives in the station, the train is present. I understand what you have said here, but this is not the implication of the Greek word _parousia_ that is translated "presence" in the English language used by Jesus at Matthew 24:3. Rather, this train of yours is scheduled to arrive at the train station at 6:40 pm on September 6, 2010, so the expectation is that this train will be pulling into the station at this time on this date. However, at 6:40 pm on September 6, 2010, the arrival of this train is delayed, but its presence began at this time on this date. At 7:00 pm on September 6, 2010, the train pulls into the train station, some 20 minutes later than the scheduled time of its arrival.

Jesus' invisible presence began in 1914, but we know that he was not expected to arrive in 1914, but that his expected arrival will be at the end of "this generation" of the composite sign that became visibly apparent in this year with the raging of World War I, food shortages, pestilence, etc., which all began occurring from 1914, and will culminate in a "great tribulation" toward the end of "this generation," which is when the Son of man will finally come in kingdom power 'in his own glory and in the glory of his Father and in the glory of the holy angels.' (Luke 9:26)

Just as this train's presence had been scheduled for a certain date and time, Jesus' presence had been scheduled to being at the end of the Gentile Times, so just as the date and time of the train's presence was expected on September 6, 2010, at 6:40 pm, the expected year of Jesus' presence had been scheduled by Jehovah to begin 2,520 years after the Gentile Times began in 607 BC, which is the year 1914, for counting from the year 607 BC, the year when Jerusalem was deposed by Nebuchadnezzar, we can see that 607 BC to 1 BC=606 years; 1 BC to 1 AD=1 year; 1 AD to 1914 AD=1,913 years, and when added together (606+1+1913=2520) it is clear that Messiah's second coming would not occur until after the year 1914 AD, which is the year when Jesus' invisible presence began.

We know that the train actually arrived on September 6, 2010, at 7:00 pm, 20 minutes later than it was expected, but we also know that this kind of thing happens with trains all of the time. But unlike this train that was scheduled to arrive on a specific date and time, Jesus was expected to assume rulership over the kingdom that God had given him in 1914, the year in which Jesus' invisible presence began, but Jesus' coming is not expected to occur on the same day as his presence. Jesus' coming is expected to occur after the great tribulation toward the end of 'the sign of his presence and of the conclusion of the system of things.'

@flipper:

THE FINGER- Good illustration. We shall see if Eggnog responds. Oh yeah, it's Sunday he's busy having a spiritual lobotomy performed on his mind for a couple hours- I forgot.

I know that you are here seeking glory from those who here are your friends here in cyberspace, but what's with all of these insults? You are regularly sprinkling them into your posts, but such insults are manifest in many of the things you have stated in this thread and in other posts that I have read in other threads when (a) you aren't an intellectual by any stretch, (b) you don't seem to me to be able to comprehend certain concepts due to your probably not having had opportunity to finish high school where you would have gained a fundamental knowledge of how the world works, and (c) you seem to lack humility so that it just never occurs to you to just ask for help with understanding what things you have read in their posts that you clearly do not understand.

Perhaps the elders of your local congregation weren't able to discern that you were a functional illiterate, so that when you would express your points of view, they mischaracterized them as apostate points of view, when they were signs of illiteracy, the inability on your part to understand what is being communicated to you -- whether it be orally or through WTS publications, which are somewhat "dumbed down" so that the"primary doctrine about the Christ" that is fundamental to exercising faith in Jesus might be understood, but I don't go out of my way to insult you in recompense for what you seem to love doing. Why don't you tell me exactly what a "spiritual lobotomy" would involve, ok? Perhaps you can manage to explain to me what it is you meant when you said this by without any need on your part to insert these unnecessary insults into you response.

@flipper wrote to @Essan:

ESSAN - I hear what you are saying. It is really terrifying isn't it to see mind control at it's worst possessing Eggnog ? The condescending, know it all attitude starts at the top of the WT society with the GB, infiltrating into Circuit & District overseers, then into elders in congregations. From there the arrogance and self righteous all knowing attitude infiltrates family " heads " - husbands dominating over wives and children. They get the brunt of all the totalitariansm and abuse of authority. THen if women and children get pissed- the family dog gets kicked or abused. It's a never ending chain of mental, emotional, and spiritual mind control & abuse.

@Scarred for life wrote to @flipper:

You are right, Flipper, in your description of the WT society and how it trickles down.

I may have misunderstood or been deceived by what @flipper really had in mind when he stated this thread, for I admit taking him at his word that he started this thread "to see if anybody here has had JW relatives or friends try to explain this 'generation overlap' theory to [them] as a faded or inactive witness and what happened in the conversations." I didn't notice at the time (but I do now!) That @flipper added that he thought by this thread "we" (whoever "we" is!) "[might] get some insight on how to approach this with active JW's." And @flipper, in a post to @Mary, he tells her that he thought it "good" that Mary's sister had "[noticed] the GB getting more controlling over [members'] thinking" and that hopefully she might "finally say 'enough is enough' and leave the cult."

I now see what @flipper's real interest here is in this thread. But @flipper is wrong: An educated person can discuss many things that one lacking one cannot, and this often leads to ridicule as a defense against folks that demonstrate what @flipper calls the "condescending, know it all attitude" of the governing body infiltrates COs, DOs and elders, followed by "arrogance and [a] self righteous all knowing attitude" that trickles down to husbands leading to a never-ending chain of mental, emotional and spiritual mind control and abuse of their wives and children.

For @flipper to be speaking in such broad terms here, for him to be painting all of the brothers, including the single ones in God's organization, with the same broad brush bespeaks an opinionated fool with issues, whose biases and hatred for one grou p of people that happen to be Jehovah's Witnesses drive him to make such bombastic and false statements about Jehovah's Witnesses. For example, I'm not guilty of abusing my wife or of abusing any of my children as @flipper would accuse me with his very broad brush, but he sounds like a man driven by his own demons, because his making of such allegations against anyone male that happens to have the name of Jehovah and Christ figuratively written on their foreheads -- and for him to disparage me by saying these things about me makes him a liar! -- suggests an insanity in @flipper that not even a mental health professional would be in a position to effect a cure, only prayer. If only @flipper would ask me to pray to Jehovah on his behalf. (Mark 9:25-29)

The truth is that @flipper isn't alone, but many others stand alongside @flipper in harping on the recent change that Jehovah's Witnesses have adopted as to Jesus' words at Matthew 24:34 regarding what it was Jesus meant in this verse when he used the words "this generation," as if Jehovah's Witnesses need his approval or anyone else's approval outside of God's organization to adjust their viewpoint as to the meaning of whatever is to might believe or teach.

What things we believe or teach doesn't affect anyone that has no interest in whatever things we might say to anyone with respect to God's kingdom or Jehovah's Witnesses, but Jehovah's Witnesses, and for @flipper or anyone else here that is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses to be criticizing us for what things we believe and teach others is as absurd as he and they going after Catholics for what things they believe and teach with respect to the trinity doctrine or the Catholic belief that the soul is immortal or the saying that Mary (Joseph the carpenter's wife and Jesus' mother) is Ever Virgin, when Jesus had at least four brothers and two sisters! Oh, well.

@whereami:

You know I was thinking, this person (Djeggnog) is realy off his rocker. It makes me think, how sad it is to be this brainwashed. Listening to him ramble on like a mad man just spouting off JW gibberish is difficult to bear.

I'm getting used to the insults and slights I get here, too.

But at the same time I'm soooo glad he's doing exactly that. Djeggnog, you have no idea of the favor you do all the people you condemn on here.

I hope so.

You do more damage to your cause than any of us 'apostates" can dream of doing. I mean look at you. If your not the complete example to other JW's in doubt roaming these boards, of the perfect example of what this disease of a religion does to people I don't know what is. Please, please stay and continue [to] participate on this forum. We NEED you more that you know.

I don't condemn anyone here; I'm the one being condemned, and the one that certain people here (like @flipper) are directing insult after insult. I think the admins here can see that each of these things are clear and flagrant violations of at least one of the rules here, but I continue to put up with them. And perhaps you do need me and "more than you know."

@djeggnog

• flipper
    flipper

EGGNOG- LOL ! I see your shell is cracked ! My real motive here is to speak the truth and expose the lies coming out from the WT society in trying to re-define what constitutes a " generation " in reality and in true definitions in not only the English language- but EVERY language.

Like a typical JW you are imputing wrong motives to me saying I'm " seeking glory ". That is hilarious ! All I want to do is assist ex-JW's, JW's sitting on the fence to analyze with an OPEN mind the false information coming out from the WT society. Whether you accept it or not ; is a non-issue to me. I don't print threads for losers who try to hi-jack my threads ( such as yourself ) and spend 24 hours a day arguing with people.

As you can see- everyone here are mostly ex-witnesses or have faded from the JW cult. Of course they mostly agree with what I've posted as they have done independent research on their own ! They don't take MY word for it - they ave critical thinking ability to research the Internet and inform themselves . Something you are NOT allowed to have as a Jehovah's Witness- critical thinking ability to research on the internet. You are controlled to ONLY read WT literature about the " generation " doctrine- so your views are going to be skewed and VERY biased in ONLY the WT society's mindset.

So, I hope YOU have listened to the many bright, intelligent posters on this thread. I doubt you have, but that's alright. Some of our words have sunk into your brain I'm sure. If not, that's fine as well

• wasblind
    wasblind

Eggnogg,

do you know the difference between a post and a novel

if i wanted to read a novel i'd use my library card and get

a damn book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit