For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm

And this [there IS no God1] is the only statment that can be made when questioning a Supreme authority. Since the authority cannot be questioned because it makes the Supreme Diety less than Supreme, All a skeptic can essentially do to help his plight is to proclaim the impossible: Knowing that God doesn't exist; just as you have done.

Yes, "there is no God1" is the only judgement i can pass on a God1 assuming he exist, since if he exist, he refuse judgement per definition. HOWEVER a God2 does not refuse judgement, since whatever he say or do is not, automatically, right. He may still have created the world, inspired the bible, sent jesus to die on the cross, and he may still give some of us eternal life, though.

The fundamental statement i think you make is this: IF the yahweh-character in the bible exist, THEN HE MUST be a God1 and not a God2. You wrote:

To catagorically preserve your option of judging, you must by necessity digest the unknowable statement : "there is no God".

This would seem equivalent to saying: Saying Yahweh-from-the-bible is a God2 is the same as saying he does not exist, but i think that is wrong. Do i understand you correctly?

• designs
    designs

Nealy all religions have a section for Phenomenology and Ecstatic experience, it can be reproduced by anyone.. Slow your heartbeat to a crawl, halucinate, control blood flow (nice trick, a professor of mine learned the trick, he could prick his arm and stop and start the flow of blood at will.)

Some need to be 'special'. Some are taught that unless you have their brand of 'special' supposed nice God will burn your sorry ass for all eternity.

DD, you may now proceed to grease the road to Hell

• bohm
    bohm

Accusing me of not caring about logic or trying to bring climate science into this does not seem to serve a purpose, i think. Notice that a God2 can easily look into the future and make prophecies, so its really completely irrelevant. And as far as personal revelation goes -- i dont know exactly what experience you and God shared, but i doubt you know him intimately enough that you could tell the difference between a God1 and God2; they are both very powerfull creatures per definition.

• Perry
    Perry

bohm,

This would seem equivalent to saying: Saying Yahweh-from-the-bible is a God2 is the same as saying he does not exist, but i think that is wrong. Do i understand you correctly?

Since we have already established that the Supreme cannot be judged, else he is not Supreme, he must be revealed. The bible claims that we can triangulate truth by examining revelation, the spirit, and the word.

If an imposter god could reveal something false to the New Covenant believer, it will not line up with the new spirit of God inside him, and neither will it line up with scripture.

Notice that a God2 can easily look into the future and make prophecies, so its really completely irrelevant.

The biblical standard is 100% accuracy. A lesser god cannot be 100% accurate since he is not 100% Supreme. Seems very relevant and another acid test.

• designs
    designs

A walled off mind is a phenomenon to behold.

• bohm
    bohm

Perry, "Since we have already established that the Supreme cannot be judged, else he is not Supreme, he must be revealed. The bible claims that we can triangulate truth by examining revelation, the spirit, and the word.

If an imposter god could reveal something false to the believer, it will not line up with the new spirit of God inside him, and neither will it line up with scripture."

Im not talking about an imposter God. im assuming there is only one God, who can be either a God1 or God2. Now we got to figure out which he actually is, and i claim there is no objective test one can perform, and there is no rational argument to exclude one of the two options. Do you agree with that?

A God2 could trick a follower to feel the spirit inside him, after all, it is possible to give people a strong religious feeling either by external stimulation or from illnesses. He could show himself in a burning bush and do lots and lots of stuff, but it would not make him a God1.

Notice that the God2 in the example, per definition, would be THE ONE who had inspired the scripture, so he could put whatever it please him inside it.

• Perry
    Perry

Since you attribute all of God1 attributes to a possible "real" God2, all you are really asking is that if the Supreme Being can be a Liar.

Omnibenevelence demands truth, does it not? A lie is not consistent with the nature of God as Supreme. Here's an interesting article on the subject.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Since we have already established that the Supreme cannot be judged, else he is not Supreme, he must be revealed.

Perry, you have not yet established that a supreme being exists - just that you can type.

• Perry
    Perry

zeus:

There is no evidence that Jesus as portrayed in the bible ever existed. So no, it means nothing to me.

You'll be happy to discover that there is ample evidence:

"If we are to believe historians and writers hostile to Christianity who lived around the time of Christ or the early church, then Jesus really did exist. Furthermore, belief in Him was so strong amongst even a multitude of people that He was worshipped as God. He did supernatural things amongst the Jewish people, and was crucified under Pontius Pilate according to Tacitus" - Article

I haven't committed any crime that is deserving of death

How would you go about establishing the truth or falsity of this statement, especially in light of the fact that you are dying?

and if I did, it would be immoral for a judge to allow someone take my place and not punish me for my crimes even if someone volunteered.

And that is in part, what this thread is about. Christianity claims that it was GOD HIMSELF who did it.

Acts 20:28 - Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. - KJB

God bled for us. It was his choice JUST as it was the choice of the English Officer to substitute his life in the movie clip at the beginning of this thread.

Like I mentioned before, it is the height of all possible hypocrisy to say it's OK for man to do it but not for God.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

DD, you may now proceed to grease the road to Hell

I can't help you, you're on your own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit