For Terry - So That it Will "Make Sense"

by Perry 235 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry
    That is a remarkable statement.

Why should I have anything to do with the college drop-out Fred Franz and his translation? Likewise, there is zero reasons to put any faith in Vaticanus and Sinaiticuus. Wescott and Hort held seances and were into spiritism during the time they were changing the accepted master Greek text of the Textus Receptus. Why should I have anything to do with them and their work?

It is remarkable that any serious student would want anything to do with any of those things. That's just me. I know lots of saved Christians feel otherwise.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

A poor translation:

Where shall I find you, Infinite Being?

In the highest sphere? In the abyssal

depths of the sea? Do you fill the world,

or a special favorite heaven?

"You desire to know where I live?"

says an internal voice. "Although I spread my being

and in life flood the universe,

my sanctuary is a pure heart."

"Cease, mortal, fatiguing in vain

after rumors of error and imposture

nor place your virtue on external ritual"

"Abuse not the gifts received from my hand

expect not heaven for an impure soul,

nor Hell for free thinking."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Blanco_White

BTS

• Perry
    Perry
    And what if another's revelation by the indwelling of the spirit and word teaches them differently?

Then they need to get a KJB

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Mmmmm. I love this with Tandoori Roti.

Makhani Chicken

Ingredients
    • 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1 tablespoon chili powder
    • salt to taste
    • 1 cup yogurt
    • salt to taste
    • 2 tablespoons garlic paste
    • 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
    • 2 tablespoons melted butter
    • 2 tablespoons ginger paste
    • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1 tablespoon garam masala
    • 1 tablespoon ginger paste
    • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
    • 1 tablespoon chopped green chile pepper
    • 2 cups tomato puree
    • salt to taste
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 tablespoon honey
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    Directions
    1. To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chili powder and salt. Toss to coat; cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour.
    2. Drain yogurt in a cloth for 15 to 20 minutes. Place in a medium bowl; mix in salt, garlic paste, garam masala, butter, chili powder, ginger paste, lemon juice and oil. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, replace cover and refrigerate to marinate for another 3 to 4 hours.
    3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    4. Place chicken on skewers. Place skewers in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
    5. To Make Sauce: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garam masala. When masala begins to crackle, mix in ginger paste, chopped garlic and green chile peppers. Saute until tender, then stir in tomato puree, chili powder, salt and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring in honey and fenugreek.
    6. Place chicken in sauce mixture. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Stir in fresh cream.
  • bohm
    bohm

Perry, just to be exact: A God2 could inspire the bible. How can we know that he wont fool us if he choose to reveal himself for us?

Can you agree with this statement: We have no way of knowing if Yahweh-the-God is omnipotent because of the God1/God2 problem.

If not, please detail how we can tell them apart in practical terms. If this is through revelation, please elaborate.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Rmove all holy books and what's left? Answer, personal revelations.

End of discussion.

My revelation is the true one says, the Jew, Yahwah, Christian, Jesus, Muslim, Mohammed, and everyother one in-between.

End of discussion.

All the above have a feel good assurance free from death anxiety, were going to live forever because I will be rewarded for believing and following my belief system based on my holy book and life experience.

Each on e says I alone have "THE TRUTH."

They forget one thing, they said this before and realized they did not have the truth. And so it goes.

Blueblades/Mall Cop

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Perry

Neither do I accept the work of the spiritists Wescott and Hort.

Do you accept the work of a humanist for the book of Revelation?

• designs
    designs

Boy, this gets better and better.........you can't make this stuff up kids

Did anybody author a book Called 'Christianity, To Hell In A Handbasket'

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

You'll be happy to discover that there is ample evidence:

"If we are to believe historians and writers hostile to Christianity who lived around the time of Christ or the early church, then Jesus really did exist. Furthermore, belief in Him was so strong amongst even a multitude of people that He was worshipped as God. He did supernatural things amongst the Jewish people, and was crucified under Pontius Pilate according to Tacitus"

I should have worded it properly. There is no contemporary eyewitness accounts recorded about jesus whatsoever. Everything written recorded about a fellow called jesus was written decades after his death, even the gospels. Am I denying a person named jesus could have existed. No, someone named jesus who was a travelling teacher could have existed, but there is not one scrap of evidence in order to justify the assertion he was either a god or son of god. Everything written down, including the bible is nothing but hearsay. And there is a reason hearsay is not admissible as evidence and that is because it is unreliable and there is no way to verify what was said based solely on hearsay.

How would you go about establishing the truth or falsity of this statement, especially in light of the fact that you are dying?

For starters, you assert that because of god's judgement I am in a dying condition. There is no evidence at all this god of yours exists except you personal feelings, experience and interpretations of an ancient book that is full of historical and scientific errors. Besides, of course I will die one day, every living creature on this plant dies so I have absolutely no reason to believe based on reality that I won't die one day either.

God bled for us. It was his choice JUST as it was the choice of the English Officer to substitute his life in the movie clip at the beginning of this thread.

Like I mentioned before, it is the height of all possible hypocrisy to say it's OK for man to do it but not for God.

Here is nothing but intellectual dishonesty. There is nothing hypocritical in what I said. It seems you read my statements with the same foggy glasses with which you read the bible. If a person gives there life for another, it is usually because they cannot see any other choice in the matter, there are no options available to them.

The god of the bible had all the choices available. Instead of mercy, he HAD to have blood. Any god that would require the death of something, even an animal is a sick bastard. I spent years hypocritically justifying the god in the bible, even though there were things I knew were wrong......but just about every christian is taught that if god does things it's right, so either we have to ignore our own moral compass and just believe everything he does is good (that's why parents kill their kids after hearing god told them to do it), or we have to go back to the bible and reinterpret everything that's bad, change the entire meaning to suit our personal beliefs.

Why do you think there are so many christian denominations....because people just go with a religion that suits them or sounds good to them or they are born into it. Its not much more complicated than that.

Like I said earlier...the bible is the biggest book of multiple choice we have ever had the displeasure of putting up with. It can be used to justify anything.

But I can see there is little point in this discussion as it is like speaking to someone who believes in Santa Claus. They just have to believe no matter what evidence is out their that their beliefs are misguided.

• bohm
    bohm

Perry, did you go away? Still currious as to your answer for my question

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit