Sola Scriptura

by dieselman 106 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Titus
    Titus

I don't see which words are your and which ones are from Tonky.

BTW, who are you?

• dieselman
    dieselman

Titus, in other words, a person is not obliged to be Jehovah's Witness. Everyone is free to choose their own course. A person is or becomes Jehovah's Witness after a careful study of THE BIBLE, and if anyone has a different opinion to that then it is my opinion that person has not made a careful study of the bible.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If a person does not like what the GB suggests is a useful explanation of scripture, they are welcome to exercise their God given free will of choice and reject it.

Not if you are a Baptised witness. That would be apostacy!

• Titus
    Titus

Well................

OK.

• SallySue
    SallySue

Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone") is the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness...

• dieselman
    dieselman

I get the impression that people have a misconception of being Jehovah's Witness. Let me help you. If you dont agree with what Jehovah's Witnesses believe is the most correct understanding of God's Word, then don't be Jehovah's Witness. If you think you are better than the Ethiopian then go ahead and come to your own understanding.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

dieselman

I am stating that they do subscribe to sola scriptura in the correct definition,

What do you think is "the correct definition"? The reformers defined this term, NOT the WT. The term doesn't belong to the WT.

In other words, the WTS believes what God's word says, that someone needs to help another person to understand his word.

That's not what Acts 8:31 says.

• SallySue
    SallySue

After careful study of the Bible a person would not become a Jehovah's Witness. The Ethiopian needed help understanding the Hebrew Scriptures as the Greek Scriptures were not even put together at that time.

• Titus
    Titus

Dieselman,

If you dont agree with what Jehovah's Witnesses believe is the most correct understanding of God's Word, then don't be Jehovah's Witness. If you think you are better than the Ethiopian then go ahead and come to your own understanding.

Do you live in reality or in Bethel?

If I do that I will lose - my family, my friends, my life, my everything!

It would be very nice if I could say: "Dear brothers, I found something better. I will not force you to accept my views, but I hope we will continue to be good friends!"

Yeah, right!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

deiselman

Acts 8 doesn't say Philip interpreted, or explained the scripture. It says:

Act 8:35

Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit