Sola Scriptura

by dieselman 106 Replies latest watchtower bible

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I know you are aware of "marking" and shunning?

He's all too aware of it I'm sure. I'm sitting here at work shaking my head because you guys are getting duped by another troll. Where's Ninja or Isaac when I need them?

• dieselman
    dieselman

Teel, I think you see my point on the HS not being a GB propriety, and that is by their own statement.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Anytime you say the WT says this, or the GB says this, that is not sola sciptura. Quote the scripture, if it stands alone to prove your point without WT influence, I'm all for it.

• teel
    teel
    I'm sitting here at work shaking my head because you guys are getting duped by another troll.

Hey, some of us are also at work, and bored, so why not? It's his thread, so technically we are trolling him

• snowbird
    snowbird

I agree, MLE.

Syl

• dieselman
    dieselman

And Mythbuster, you are trying to bust a myth. When anyone says the WT says this, or the GB says this, sola scriptura is not the point in discussion. So why make out that it is? I merely suggested that the GB and any JW uses the principle of SS in understanding the scriptures. Nothing wrong with that. Anyway, this has been fun, my day draws to a close. Cheers

• superpunk
    superpunk

See Also: The necessity of having a teacher as it relates to infinite regression.

• Perry
    Perry

I would like to thank dieselman for bringing the issue of "cost" to our attention. As a 4th generation Jehovah's Witness, I was afraid that if I truly accepted Jesus as my Mediator (and not the F&DS) that I would lose my mother, father and brothers. I can testify to the truthfullness of Jesus words below.

Jesus will not save you until you say goodbye to your family:

Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

All that I had originally feared before I accepted Christ, came true for me. My mother, father and brothers wont even see me. However, God is closer than a family of origin. And, he has since then given me a beautiful wife who was a former atheist and two beautiful children as a result. We show them pictures of my family and pray for them regularly.

The cost is high, but so are the blessings.

This discussion brings to mind another biblical concept: COWARDICE

dieselman,

I have spoken to dozens of JW's about the issue of how in the world they possibly hope to escape judgment without Jesus as their Mediator. I have approached many elders, circuits overseers and publishers.

WITHOUT EXCEPTION all have tried to avoid the subject, just as you have. I'm curious, why the suppression and mental block? Don't you believe that God will one day judge us?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

deiselman

I merely suggested that the GB and any JW uses the principle of SS in understanding the scriptures.

If JWs used SS there would no need for the WT.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    See Also: The necessity of having a teacher as it relates to infinite regression.

Or when Jesus states in John that we will not need a teacher for the HS will teach us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit