Just Heard Some Shocking News

by jookbeard 106 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cantleave
    cantleave

Absolutely correct wobble. The problem is, anything that can be seen to bring reproach on Jehovah's name (read the organisation) has to be kept quiet.

As always some congregation elders are more proactive than others.

I have been to a congregation, to give a talk, with my kids, where a general warning was given that there was someone who could be dangerous to children present, but no specific information was given. It was enough to ensure that we kept our kids from talking to people we didn't know. But this was an exception, and is not generally the policy.

• Podobear
    Podobear

So, I assume all the points of view expressed here will now be directed to the Avon & Somerset Police and the Bristol CPS to press for reform?

Rather than suggest that we flout (UK) law Cantleave, perhaps we should press for change. At the moment, Mr Porter is at liberty.. all the "Authorities" agree on the matter. Are you above them?

I don't know if JWRB still exists but there is a sterling example of a group of Elders pushing for Reform and change.

Besty and Jamie you are wrong. If Mr Porter IS an active paedophile, he has the "law" on his side, and goading him on as you are doing is sick in its own right, and putting him and his family in danger. WAIT for the change in the judgment and the rule of law. That is the way to achieve permanent change and force issues. And praise, even small changes for the good in the minority groups amongst our populations.

Podo

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Podo, it's kind of hard to understand what your deal is, because you're all over the map. This guy is on the sex offenders list, so his whereabouts are a matter of public knowledge. If he has a problem with being exposed to the community in which he will be going door to door, he should take it up with the government. If the press sees fit to report on his activities that could bring him in contact with children, he'll just have to deal with freedom of the press. He does live in the UK, not Watchtower World.

• besty
    besty
    Besty and Jamie you are wrong. If Mr Porter IS an active paedophile, he has the "law" on his side, and goading him on as you are doing is sick in its own right, and putting him and his family in danger.

let me ask you again Podo:

Where have I goaded or incited someone to cross a legal line?

This is the second time I have asked you this. Its getting boring. Either put up or shut up.

Meanwhile you fail to respond to the overarching failings within the WTBTS and prefer to focus on the safety of jook and now, bizarrely, Michael Porter.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

"It was enough to ensure that we kept our kids from talking to people we didn't know. But this was an exception, and is not generally the policy."

Even if was the general policy, the problem is that molesters are usually someone you DO know!

• Podobear
    Podobear

Besty: I am talking about Jook, not Porter. The difficulty in communicating in black and white, is that people fail to read all the postings made.

I resent being goaded by you or Jamie, when I have simply pointed that the UK law has, currently drawn a line. We all agree with the public outcry in this area (Bristol UK) where Mr Porter perpetrated his crimes. The shout is loud for the case to be heard again.

If you want to promote Anarchy Besty that is up to you. I am only interested in Jook's welfare.

I have "put up" as you bait me... I have given folks the contact details so that they can add to the shout. What have you done?

If you are not careful you will stir up a hornets nest. We have not read the bundles, we do not know the case in full.. we must wait for the UK legal system to hear this again and maybe overturn the decision of the presiding judge.

Can I remind you that in Portsmouth, UK a consultant Paediatrician was almost mobbed and beaten as a group of mothers took to the streets as they thought a "Pedo" was amongst them.

The law has judged Mr Porter in this matter.

I agree with your analysis in almost every way.. but I do take exception at your broad brush strokes.

We must wait, that is all. Why do you chose to continue to labour the point when all I have expressed is a word of caution??? You have the route of protest now... use it.

Best wishes.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

It is quite reassuring that Michael Porter has been for therapy and was imprisoned for 18 months. Paedophiles tend not to re-offend when they have been for therapy.

Another thing that can allay anxiety is that Porter will be on the local police's sex offenders' register. They will keep an eye on him.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

lets set a couple of things straight, I am not any time soon going to storm down the Wimbledon cong armed with baseball bats and pick ax handles and attempt to bash the crap out of Porter, I've not set foot in that place for 17 years and I'm not about to start now, secondly my only aim would have been perhaps a little distribution of flyer's on the windscreens of cars to wake up the locality and the members of the cong to the fact they have this animal so close to them because I can be sure the elders have not alerted the cong to this bastards presence there, my mates mum was only made aware of this by him telling her.

• Podobear
    Podobear

That's reassuring Jook.. all the best mate.

Let's hope the second hearing will clear up the tensions behind this case and perhaps it will result in a more just sentence in the eyes of those devestated by his vile acts!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Let's hope the second hearing will clear up the tensions behind this case and perhaps it will result in a more just sentence in the eyes of those devestated by his vile acts!

Hear Hear!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit