Straight from the September Watchtower. How can they print this without blushing?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yesidid
    yesidid
    WTWizard, the Watchtower does a good enough job making itself look ridiculous without our unnecessary linguistic jingo. I've often wondered what visitors and lurkers would make of phrases like; "witlesses", "theocraptic" and "littera-trash".
    Or plain misrepresentation of sensitive issues like; "hiding pedophiles and silencing the victims" or "wanting the husbands to tyrannize their wives".
    With respect, I just don't think it's helpful.

May I say an amen to the above, and amen and amen.

• man in black
    man in black

Wait,,,,,,,,,,, am I in an episode of the Twilight Zone ?

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

OK, fess up. Which JW.Net member is working as a mole in the Writing Department?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Mad Sweeny says:

I feel like we need to develop a name for the "public" version of the Watchtower. Just as many of us call the "study" edition the "kool-aid version" I'd like to see a fitting nickname applied to the "public" version. I submit as a first throw in the brainstorm: "propaganda version." Any other ideas?

How about the PHONY Watchtower (public version) and the SECRET Watchtower?

VILLABOLO

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

On the two Watchtower versions; . . . .

Two sorts of weights are something detestable to Jehovah, and a cheating pair of scales is not good. (Proverbs 20:23)

*** it-2 p. 874 Scales ***
    Jehovah commanded honesty and accuracy in using scales (Le 19:35, 36), for a cheating pair of scales was detestable to him. (Pr 11:1; 16:11; Eze 45:10) Scales could be made inaccurate by having the arms of unequal length, or they could be rendered less sensitive by having the arms relatively short or by making the beam thicker and heavier. At times Israelites used scales fraudulently (Ho 12:7; Am 8:5), and they multiplied the deception by using inaccurate weights, one set for buying and another for selling.—Pr 20:23

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You know, when I was "in", I remember reading stuff like that or hearing stuff like that at a meeting and thinking, "Wait a minute, this could apply to us..........."

But, like a good little Dubbie, I quickly chastised myself for thinking such a thing and tried to put it out of my mind. It wasn't til years later when I was "out" that I had the time to really think about stuff like that.

I think that's one reason why the sheeple are kept on the hamster wheel of constant activity - so they don't have time to let these "Aha!" moments really sink in.

Interesting application of that scripture, too, Nic.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

WATCHTOWER-lite

• Gordy
    Gordy

Well quotes from the September 1st and 15th Watchtower should go together they should be blushing crimson then..

THE WATCHTOWER SEPTEMBER 1, 2010 11
    The Dangers of Being Deceived (page 10/11)

To deceive, says one dictionary, means “to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid.” It also implies “imposing a false idea or belief that causes ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness.” The basic idea of the word, along with such other words as “mislead” and “delude,” is to lead someone astray by underhanded means. Surely, a person who is not aware that he or she is being kept in a state of “ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness” by deliberate misinformation is in serious danger.

The really sad fact is that very often the person who is deceived or deluded tends to hold on to his belief in spite of strong evidence proving otherwise. Perhaps he gets so emotionally attached to his belief that he simply shuts his eyes and closes his ears to any evidence that might challenge it.

Watchtower September 15 th ,2010

This is taken word for word from the Study Article entitled: "Unity Identifies True Worship", page 13, paragraph 8:

"Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah."

Without the assistance of "the faithful and discreet slave," we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God's Word nor know how to apply it. (Matt. 24:45-47) By putting into practice the things we are learning from the Scriptures, we can secure ourselves God's blessing.

In this time of the end, Christ has committed “all his belongings”—
    all the earthly interests of the Kingdom—to his “faithful and discreet slave” and
    its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men.
    (Matt. 24:45-47) The anointed and their other sheep companions
    recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing
    Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ
    ."

• startingover
    startingover

Unbelievable!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Isn't it crazy how they can apply that to other groups except themselves. Hypocracy at it's best for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit