Straight from the September Watchtower. How can they print this without blushing?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This message isn't for the JWs. I don't know any JWs who read the PR-Edition of the WT. They simply don't. They may skim through it and read an article that catches their eye but even that is rare. The KM tells them what to say about the mags at the door so why bother reading the mag itself? It's info for the householders. The Borg gives the Dubs food through the KA-Edition.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This could only be more pointed if the writer added; (psst, this means you) . It's a wonder the red flags aren't snapping upright in dubdom at the moment . .

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is two sets of rules, nic. A rule for the members and a rule to sell to the public. It is no different from the 2009 Awake! that told people that nobody should have to choose between family and religion when EVERY Dub KNOWS that they DO have to make that choice if they want to be a JW.

• poppers
    poppers

I feel like we need to develop a name for the "public" version of the Watchtower.

How about "the bait and switch" version?

• Clam
    Clam

I'm sure some do get emotionally attached to their belief. It's the comfort zone thing I suppose.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Regardless of whether the article is meant for the rank and file JWs to read or just to hand out to the general public it points to the fact that whoever is responsible for the article knows exactly what mind control is all about. It would be good to think it is an insider trying to send some sort of message, you never know

Two sentences stand out to me:

Perhaps he gets so emotionally attached to his belief that he simply shuts his eyes and closes his ears to any evidence that might challenge it.

This statement blaming emotional attachment is true of many JWs, but not the primary reason. And shutting of eyes and closing of ears is compulsory for JWs whether they like it or not.

Surely, a person who is not aware that he or she is being kept in a state of “ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness” by deliberate misinformation is in serious danger.

And there we have it, direct from the pages of the Watchtower for all to see. KEPT IN A STATE OF IGNORANCE - BY DELIBERATE MISINFORMATION.

The rank and file are told to encourage non JWs to see that examining their beliefs is a good, healthy thing to do, yet they themselves are not allowed to examine any teachings other than that which comes directly from the Governing Body. What is the difference? If JWs have the truth then it should stand up to any scrutiny surely! Telling them that the Devil will use such means to lure them away from 'The Truth' is pathetic, surely the average JW's faith is strong enough to withstand a bit of cross examination and questioning by other faiths? If not, then there is something seriously wrong.

Let's hope some astute householder (possibly an ex JW) reads this article and brings it to the Publisher's attention on the following visit.

Very interesting!!!

• changeling
    changeling

PC version

Scrubbed version

Milk version

Baby food version

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Public Edition: Hypocrisy edition - pre mind control

• Leolaia
    Leolaia