Straight from the September Watchtower. How can they print this without blushing?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

THE WATCHTOWER SEPTEMBER 1, 2010 11

The Dangers of Being Deceived (page 10/11)

To deceive, says one dictionary, means “to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid.” It also implies “imposing a false idea or belief that causes ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness.” The basic idea of the word, along with such other words as “mislead” and “delude,” is to lead someone astray by underhanded means. Surely, a person who is not aware that he or she is being kept in a state of “ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness” by deliberate misinformation is in serious danger.

The really sad fact is that very often the person who is deceived or deluded tends to hold on to his belief in spite of strong evidence proving otherwise. Perhaps he gets so emotionally attached to his belief that he simply shuts his eyes and closes his ears to any evidence that might challenge it.

• changeling
    changeling

Hypocrisy at its best! :)

• carpediem
    carpediem

Well, I don't know whether that makes me want to laugh or cry. How stunningly apt for jws, from the mouths of jws.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Underground Bethelites.

Syl

• undercover
    undercover

September 1st WT...

That's the 'public' edition... the ones placed at the door, the ones that non-JWs read (supposedly), the articles meant for non-JWs to see that JWs are not a cult.

And...

JWs are conitioned to apply that to outside forces that are attempting to deceive them. They rarely, if ever, apply it to the very source of material that comes from the F&DS.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Underground Bethelites.
    Syl

That's what I was thinking, too.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I feel like we need to develop a name for the "public" version of the Watchtower. Just as many of us call the "study" edition the "kool-aid version" I'd like to see a fitting nickname applied to the "public" version. I submit as a first throw in the brainstorm: "propaganda version." Any other ideas?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Maybe someone in the writing dept is trying to tell us something. Like, GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE! It amazes me how much of their own words (WBTS) incriminate themselves. Astonishing.

• snowbird
    snowbird

PR-Edition and KA-Edition.

Syl

• Hadit
    Hadit

Witnesses will only apply it to all OTHER religions. How fortunate that they are not deceived and are so well protected.

Abridged Version and

BS Edition (I guess that applies to both though!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit