All about Shelby

by watersprout 53 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Shelby is one of the most uplifting people I have ever encountered... would love to meet her one day.

Coffee

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey Jonesy! I was thinking of you when I found out how close Shelby is. We should visit.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That would be da bomb Beks.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

All I ask from anyone is that they keep their religious feelings to themselves.

So as long as I don't talk about Jesus, I am free to share my hot man love with you?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Which of these things...

All I ask from anyone is that they keep their religious feelings to themselves.

...is not like the other things...

Either allow me to speak my freedoms as well as yours, or don't. I'm voicing my opinion, which I have a right to, and you're voicing yours.

...not like the other things...

You choose a book character to give thanks to, and I do not. It's that simple.

• Fester
    Fester

The difference lies within the structure of the expression. Most non-religious people aren't trying to push a religion on others. Most religious people are. Does that help? In other words, those who are truly free, (from all forms of bondage, i.e, Jesus, satan, allah, Jehovah, crack, heroin, etc) will usually fair better than those still ensnared and trapped in whatever religious cult/fantasy belief they believe in.

If a person is free to push the Jesus/Satan/God/Boogie man concept in their conversation, well then, equally, the non-believer in fictional things should just as well be able to push the anti-Satan/Jesus/God/Hoobastank figure as well.

In reality though, all people should be able to think for themselves at all times, and always question authority of any type.

Think free. Live free.

Nothing is true. All is permissible.

• 2pink
    2pink

didn't bother reading the other replies...

i happen to not agree with shelby on many points, but appreciate the obvious heart and soul behind the words. i think AGuest is a great addition to this board!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I like Shelby, I have not met her, but her genuine concern for others shines through no matter what you think of her religious beliefs.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I don't agree with a lot of what Shelby says, but I DO think she is a very genuinely nice and caring person. That I respect. No matter what we disagree on theologically.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Where is she??? It's a Shelby love fest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit