My sucky situation

by brotherdan 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome brotherdan! I feel for you as I am also in a very similar situation. I panicked and told my husband my discoveries thinking he would see it too - WRONG. I have since backtracked a bit and am reading and thinking about how to handle this messy situation. There is a lot of good advice on this forum from very sincere people who want to help.

Think, breathe, read and try and be patient. Don't try to figure out everything all at once - I tried and it is it very stressful and leads to burnout. You really need to take care of yourself right now so your health stays intact. Other than the above - I don't have much else to add as I'm still looking for advice myself and trying to figure things out!

I wish you all the best.

Hadit

• Newborn
    Newborn

Dear brotherdan,

Thanks for opening your heart to us and welcome. It's really a tough situation you're in and I'm sad this is happening to you. However, I'm sure that it will work out for you in the end. Just be patient and please don't let anything or anyone make you go back to the org and don't take any crap from the "elders".

I hope that your wife someday will come to realise the truth abt the "truth" also. Nothing is impossible

We're here for you. Just write whenever you want and have to.

best of luck

Your friend
    Newborn

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

i would also like to tell my story: i studied the bible with the jw when i was 12.very quickly i started to apply all that i had learned.i didn't baptized immediately because i felt that i was still young.but once i reached high school i was baptized.i quickly terminated my study at school and immediately went to auxillary pioneer.i did it 1 full year,and then applied for regular pioneer for 1 year.after that i returned to studying in the high school.i was elligible because i still met the age requirement.soon after that i was disfellowshipped because i did not take the neutrality stand(i joined the army)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I just wanted to chime in and say welcome to the board brotherdan! So sorry to hear about your situation, hang in there and do a little research here on this site and freeminds.org as well!

• undercover
    undercover

I'm still reading through all the posts, but I wanted to say, "Welcome, Dan"...

Your feelings and thoughts and realizations mirror what so many of us experienced. Change some details and places and it could be any one of a bunch of us here.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Just a bit of possible hope, brotherdan - and I'm sure alot of us have gone through similar situations.

When I first told my wife how I felt, she didn't react as violently as yours did. But, she did say that this probably put an end to some of the plans we had together, such as where we wanted to move and live and even not having children - which I knew right off meant eventual divorce because both of us love kids too much to give up having them.

So I didn't do anything. I didn't react, I didn't lash out, I didn't try and bombard her with information about how wrong the WTS was. I just decided to be the best husband I possibly could, and let it play out. We've both been out about two years together now, and we're having the best time of our life.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Brother Dan, it's good that you are here.

You're certainly right about this:

Matthew 24:11 "In the confusion, lying preachers will come forward and deceive a lot of people. MSG

You've been given some excellent advice by those who have been there and done that.

My prayer is that the Lord of the universe will guide you and give you His peace.

Syl

• onemore
    onemore

Welcome to JWN brotherdan.

I went through something similar. I’m still in…but not for long. Check your PM when you get a chance.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Just wanted to say "WELCOME"!!! This is a wonderful place to come and discover yourself and receive support.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

welcome to the real world.... feels good not to be a watchtower slave anymore, good luck with your situation sadly it will propably get worse before it gets better....hang in there you need to, to show your kids theres another way, just try to be long suffering with your wife, shes scared and deluded, she may come round but take it slowly as time goes by people often come round.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit