Preparing for D2D Opposition July 26, 2010 KM

by blondie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

So there is nothing negative to be said about jws? Are they perfect? Because it is negative does it mean it is a lie?

"Wisdom Is Proved Righteous by Its Works"

1. How is our work perceived by some?

1 At times we may encounter a negative response from householders who misunderstand us or who have been misinformed about Jehovah's Witnesses. Perhaps their viewpoint has been influenced by biased media reports. In some places we have even been labeled "a dangerous sect." How should we react when faced with such criticism?

2. What will help us to avoid discouragement when faced with criticism?

2 Maintain a Positive Attitude: Jesus and other servants of Jehovah in the first century were often misunderstood and maligned. (Acts 28:22) Yet, they did not allow criticism to make them feel ashamed of their ministry. Jesus said: "Wisdom is proved righteous by its works." (Matt. 11:18, 19) He continued doing his Father's will with zeal, confident that the value of the good news would be apparent to truth seekers. We can avoid discouragement by remembering that God's own Son experienced similar treatment.

3. Why should negative reports and opposition not surprise us?

3 Jesus indicated that the world would hate his followers just as it hated him. (John 15:18-20) Therefore, negative reports and opposition today should not surprise us. In fact, we should expect such things to become more common the deeper we move into the last days and the more Satan's anger intensifies. (Rev. 12:12) We can rejoice in this indication that Satan's world is running out of time.

4. If we meet with a negative response to the good news, how should we respond?

4 Respond With Graciousness: When we receive a negative response, we should always reply with graciousness and mildness. (Prov. 15:1; Col. 4:5, 6) If the situation allows, we may be able to explain to a sincere householder that there is much misinformation about Jehovah's Witnesses or to ask him why he feels the way he does. Our mild response may cause him to question what he has heard about Jehovah's Witnesses and to listen the next time a Witness visits. However, if the householder is very angry, it may be best to excuse ourselves. We can be certain that regardless of how others view us, Jehovah values our ministry.-Isa. 52:7.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Blondie, it seems as if the "misinformation" is getting a foothold in people's minds. Now they have to debunk the questions in people's minds placed there by the various youtube videos and websites dedicated to shining light on the "Truth".

• Gayle
    Gayle

There is "negative reports" regarding Scientology and Muslim, FLDS, etc. because they are in fact, FACT.

• blondie
    blondie

It must mean than anything negative the elders say about individuals must be lies...or is it that non-jws are all liars and all jws are truthtellers?

• Scully
    Scully

Notice the emphasis on "negative" reports and information as opposed to "false" reports and information.

They aren't denying the validity of negative reports and information, only that they are "negative" - and they are ascribing a value judgement on information that may well be true, but makes JWs and the WTS look bad. Oh, the horror.

Maybe they should look at "negative reports" about other groups and activities that they publish in their literature, most notably Catholics, Catholic priests, Catholic priests who molest children, and the Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals who turn a blind eye to priests who molest children.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for posting that Blondie,

I keep opening my door every sat morning, and opening the blinds

but their just not coming anymore, but when they do i'm gonna kill 'em with kindness

while i give them something to think about.

• designs
    designs

This was taken from the Fundamentalist's Playbook............

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In some places we have even been labeled "a dangerous sect." How should we react when faced with such criticism?

Normally JW`s run away..

Therefore, negative reports and opposition today should not surprise us. In fact, we should expect such things to become more common

Preperation for more WBT$ Dirty Laundry,becoming Public Knowledge..

If the situation allows, we may be able to explain to a sincere householder that there is much misinformation about Jehovah's Witnesses or to ask him why he feels the way he does

It was`nt us!!..It was them other dam Jehovah`s Witness`s!!..

. Our mild response may cause him to question what he has heard about Jehovah's Witnesses

Ignore any negative comments about the WBT$..No one will notice..

, if the householder is very angry, it may be best to excuse ourselves.

Run Away!!..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

4. If we meet with a negative response to the good news, how should we respond?

4 Respond With Graciousness: When we receive a negative response, we should always reply with graciousness and mildness. (Prov. 15:1; Col. 4:5, 6) If the situation allows, we may be able to explain to a sincere householder that there is much misinformation about Jehovah's Witnesses or to ask him why he feels the way he does. Our mild response may cause him to question what he has heard about Jehovah's Witnesses and to listen the next time a Witness visits. However, if the householder is very angry, it may be best to excuse ourselves. We can be certain that regardless of how others view us, Jehovah values our ministry

I think some of our apologists here missed this meeting.

I think some of our apologists here missed this meeting.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Okay. I have a link in my email signature line to my story of leaving the WTS. I also belong to several Freecycle groups. A woman on Freecycle offered me a laptop stand, which I graciously accepted. When I arrived at her house to pick it up a few days later, here's what I found out. This woman had begun studying with a JW from my mom's congregation. This woman liked it so much that she had her mother and sister-in-law studying with the JW also, separately. When this woman saw my link on my email signature line, she read my story. She was shocked to find out that the JWs were as I described them. She asked the "sister" studying with her about my story and the sister said that she knew my mother and knew that my story was all lies. Well, the woman told me that my story "rang true" to her and so she wanted more information. Thanks to this website, I was able to point her to WT literature that confirmed things I said. It only took a couple days of digging and that woman, her mother, and sister-in-law all stopped their studies. That woman thanked me and said that she didn't realize that JWs were a cult and were so evil!

So, a woman in my mom's cong. lost THREE studies because of me. Now do you understand why my mom hates me so much?

That is the kind of "negative misinformation" that is out there for all the world to read. Hopefully, we can blanket the internet with truths about the WTS until nobody who is contacted at the door is sucked into this horrible cult.

And that's also why I'm well known around here as a mega-apostate, because I don't mind telling people the truth about the JWs through any means possible, even though it has cost me my family.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit