Did you really pay attention at conventions or assemblies?

by donny 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s all about appearances..

Ask any JW what they learned at a meeting or assembly..

More than likely you`ll get a blank look..

That tells you exactly what they learned..

Nothing..

Your average Jehovah`s Witness is simply..

A "Bum in a Chair"..

They could leave their head at home and get the same results..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

People watching held my interest for a bit, maybe the morning session Friday. The afternoons were brutal for trying to stay awake.

I always played a mental game at each song with how much of it was over. Example: friday lunch = 1/6th over. Saturday end of day = 2/3rds over. Says a lot about the content when you are counting down until you are released....

• donny
    donny

As an update he just told me that she has decided not to go to this Fridays program. LOL

• goldensky
    goldensky

I listened to every word uttered from the platform as if it came from Jehovah Himself...

Miseryloveselders, I cracked up with your story.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

After about 20 years of assemblies I can't really remember any of the talks during the sessions. I remember coloring, and eating, and how great it was to sit under an umbrella, oh and the clapping game, and running around during the lunch break but other than that...

• logic
    logic

I never did , because I was in a coma.

I use to ask jws thay lot with the same result.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Usually looking at people, critiquing outfits, hairdos, whatever. Checking out good looking guys. At the Silverdome as a kid I used to daydream about being a fly and buzzing all around the stadium, weird I know. When I was a kid, and we caught a ride with one particular sister I made sure to remember at least one thing, because we always had to say one thing that we got out of it everyday, then we could turn on the radio and relax.

When I went to the DC last year, there was a young couple sitting a couple of rows ahead of me, since I was seated higher I could see they were playing tic-tac-toe. I thought that was hilarious.

I mentioned it before on another thread that a couple of years ago at the DC my mom just pulled a novel out of her bag in the middle of a talk and started reading it.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"oh and the clapping game"

Is that where you stay tuned in for the raise in pitch of the speaker and try to be the one to get the clap started? Me and my friends did that too.

• undercover
    undercover
    After about 20 years of assemblies I can't really remember any of the talks during the sessions. I remember coloring, and eating, and how great it was to sit under an umbrella, oh and the clapping game, and running around during the lunch break but other than that...

I remember a drama where Jezebel fell out the window. No dogs to eat her though. Darn it.

I remember hearing Brother Knorr when I was a kid. Nothing he said, just remember seeing him and how everyone was all excited and acting like groupies. It was my very first rock concert.

I remember one talk where they were stressed the point of not having kids in 'this system' and everyone kinda got their panties in a wad about it. The only time I saw anything remotely like mutiny when something was handed down from on high.

I do remember a lot of the restaurants we ate in. I remember some of the better hotels, their pools, the bars. I remember drag racing across the parking lot after one session. I remember a girl I liked asking if she could ride home with me after the last session...a two hour drive. I was lovestruck. I remember an impromptu skinny dipping party in the hotel pool at midnight. I remember a couple of hangovers. I remember getting flashed in the parking lot by a girl in a convertible. I think those memories as a youth is what had me looking forward to conventions. Then adulthood set in...then marriage. Then responsibilities. It was no fun then.

• St George of England
    St George of England

A few years ago now, I think it was Southampton, we had streaker. He walked in wearing only boxer shorts, (attendants obviously asleep), dropped them and ran on to the field. A few attendants chased him and after an absolute age caught him and put a sheet around him and took him away. That woke everyone up!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit