Did you really pay attention at conventions or assemblies?

by donny 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Sort of - I used to take notes!

I don't know whether they still do it now, but they used to have a Service Meeting that reviewed each day of the assembly a few months later. I hated getting one of those parts and often had to borrow someone else's notes if I had nodded off in the afternoon!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

No.Never.The sound was always so bad,That I just zoned out,till I got older and was able to sit w/my witness"girlfriends".Then we hung out in dark alcoves and discussed the great mysteries of life,boys,drugs and music.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I was an adult, with 2 children, and when we went to these Conventions I brought Playstation with me. Why??

They were so boring, how could anyone attempt to pay attention and enjoy it. I slept every talk, every Drama, (and by the way what the hell is great about the Drama, why would ANYONE look forward to that)

I brought the Playstation because when the wife had friends over, I had something to entertain myself, while they went over that horrific experience again in great detail.

So Brother Plaugeis that 7 part Special Talk that ran 95 minuets really showed the need to get more involved in the Ministry, did you find any points that showed your need to improve??

Yes it was a good point...............I liked......................when the speaker..................................................TOUCHDOWN YOU BASTARDS LOOK AT THAT 95 YARDS AND NO ONE TOUCHES ME DARTH! DARTH! DARTH! Hey Dave, stop bothering me go sit the girls..... Jesus grow a pair!!

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

I do listen to everything said in meeting/assemly etc talks but sometimes get lost in my own world.Some people just forget really soon what they have learnt or will remember some passages for instance only when needed.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

No. I can't pay attention to something predictable and slow-moving any more than I can pay attention to the growth of a stalagmite.

I'd rank the level of the delivery and content to be at about the 3rd grade level.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

My wife and I slept a few times. I did not clap or take any notes.

• watson
    watson

Not as much as I do now.

I also remember streakers. Only had a couple in the conventions I attended back in the 70s. Sadly, we only had cold white guys making the dash.

• dudeson
    dudeson

I used to listen to music. If anyone asked I was listening to the FM broadcast of the talks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I usually paid pretty close attention in hopes that there would be something genuinely interesting and useful.

I wouldn't admit it at the time, of course, but I was always disappointed by the programs.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Cantlleave, I remember a bomb scare at a Southampton assembly I attended about 30 years ago. Could it be the same one? They made us leave quietly (we were so proud of ourselves being so exemplary in leaving in such an organized way), then we waited for a few hours and finally the assembly programme was resumed. It finished very late in the evening!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit