Ladies: Would You Work Overnight?

by snowbird 77 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've done it, overnite stocking in a grocery store. Did it for over a year. Won't do it again.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hear you, Josie.

I suppose I just can't get used to the thought of women working overnight.

Syl

• blondie
    blondie

snowbird, is there a neighbor that works near at night that you could carpool with? If you have a co-worker at your place, perhaps you could walk each other to your car and then drive the other over to her vehicle. Always lock your vehicle and check inside before you get in.

In my case, there was a serial killer on the loose (5 women) and they were cautious.

• snowbird
    snowbird

No neighbors who do night work, Blondie.

My almost 16-year old g'son would be awake when I leave, but asleep when I get off.

It would still be dark at 4-ish in the morning, so the officer would see me to my car.

Syl

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I loved working the overnight shift.Wow,4 am!,you could be in bed by 5 am.and sleep till noon.Sounds perfect,any more openings? lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ AquaGirl.

I don't know - I'm studyin' on it.

Syl

• tec
    tec

Actually, I think the hours do matter. And also the days. A four 'till two am shift isn't the same as an eight to six shift.

Tammy

Edited to add: Sorry. REread post one. Eight to four is kind of crappy. Remember that's you'll still have to unwind, so you won't head off to be until at least six, I think. Then you lose your day because you sleep longer, because your sleep is worse and you're more tired.

• nelly136
    nelly136

yup, used to work nights on nursing agency, friday nights and saturday nights were best cos i got saturday rate for most of friday night plus unsociable hour rate plus the psychiatric lead enhancement (danger money) sundays were good if the monday was a bank holiday as opposed to a normal monday, cos then i'd get anything after midnight at bh rate.

i could earn more by doing those nights than i could slogging it out all week on normal day rates.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

The best part of working the night shift,imho,was that "the suits" were home,and fast asleep.Therefore,not looking over my shoulder.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Eight to four is kind of crappy.

Word.

Now, if push came to shove, I would take it.

However, thankfully, it hasn't reached that stage yet.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit