Ladies: Would You Work Overnight?

by snowbird 77 Replies latest social family

• tec
    tec

The best part of working the night shift,imho,was that "the suits" were home,and fast asleep.Therefore,not looking over my shoulder

That's what my husband likes about the night shift. But he can never manage to do the night shift for very long. Eventually it wears on him, and he has to go back to day shift. Its hard on me and the kids too.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

No "suits" here, but the Big Bad Boss comes in at 8 am and leaves at 5 pm.

I wouldn't have to see him - ever - if I worked that shift.

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Come to think of it,I was never really all that physically healthy when I worked night shift...

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've heard that working the night shift can cause odd physical symptoms.

Syl

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I worked night shift just once. It was 6pm to 6am. I hated it, but I didn't work it very long. I think your body adapts to it eventually.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It was 6pm to 6am.

Just reading it makes me tired.

Syl

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Just reading it makes me tired.

Like I said, I didn't work it very long. I'd never been happier to get laid off.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

avoid it like the plague... I did it off and on for years. You never get used to it....ever.

Snakes (of the "wants a Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm job with benefits" Sheep Class)

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Hi, Snakes!

Syl

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I know that you are only looking for input from the gals, but I used to work a weekend shift from midnight to 6am. Those were the longest hours of my life.

I didn't mind it so much at the time, as I was young... although, it tends to mess with your social life.

If you live in the country - near chickens (roosters in particular) it can be really painful.

I remember getting home around 6:30am and literally falling into bed, only to have the rooster get on the back porch and crow into the open door. Many a night/morning, I had dreams of fried chicken.

Crazy rooster. (He did it on purpose, too.)

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit