Ladies: Would You Work Overnight?

by snowbird 77 Replies latest social family

• cult classic
    cult classic

I have to have the option of sleeping when it's dark. I need to be out and about when there is full sunlight. Otherwise, I'm completely thrown out of whack. I only know a few people who thrive when working nights. I would try it out and see how you adjust. But leave the door open to come back on days.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It really depends on the person. If you can try it on a trial basis for 30-60 days to see how you like it then that would be good.

A friend of mine works at night and loves it. She works for a printing firm and says that the work load is lighter for the night shift.

But my dad worked for an onion/garlic dehydrating plant at night and just hated it. He just could not get a good amount of sleep during the day. He was so happy when he changed positions in the company and got the day shift.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If you live in the country - near chickens (roosters in particular) it can be really painful.
    I remember getting home around 6:30am and literally falling into bed, only to have the rooster get on the back porch and crow into the open door. Many a night/morning, I had dreams of fried chicken.
    Crazy rooster. (He did it on purpose, too.)

ROFL.

My neighbor's rooster wakes me at 4:30 every morning - without fail.

He's one of those little cocky bantams.

I often picture his little strutting butt in a crockpot surrounded by root vegetables.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's my problem; I have a hard time making adjustments to anything different.

For example, if I turn my bed a different way, it takes a while to get settled enough to sleep.

Syl

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Years ago I was told that I had the chose of getting laid off or working in a new area of the company but the third shift was my only option I did it for a year but it was really hard I'm not a nght person. Lots of people do it but it wasn't for me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Here's hoping that it will remain an option.

Syl

• noni1974
    noni1974

I drove a cab for 5 years at night. I'm a night person anyway so it didn't bother me much. I'm normally up till 3 or 4 am anyway.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Another (((((((Noni))))))).

Syl

• noni1974
    noni1974

I like sleeping durring the day. In fact I'm thinking of taking a nap right now. I just use curtians and shades to block the sun light out. Of course it wasn't every night of the week, but I was used to it.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've done midnights for years. Depends on many factors. Can you stay up, is it safe for you to travel at night? It will totally screw up your body clock. I haven't actually worked a midnight shift in about a year and a half, I still have some trouble with daytime sleepiness. Some medical experts have said that the midnight shift can take years off your life. It depends on how much you need the job/extra money really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit