Why has God allowed this to go on for so long

by watersprout 65 Replies latest jw friends

• finding my way
    finding my way

Mad Sweeney, It bothers me how so many JW's feel almost unaccountable for their treatment of the planet. It's like, "we'll clean it up during the thousand year reign". That was one of the biggest changes and eye openers for me. I started reading about how even where our food comes from and how it's grown effects the health of our planet and other people. I felt like I had a responsibilty to adjust some things. I didn't want to be knowingly destroying the earth. When I was talking to my mother (active JW) about the adjustments I was making she acted like it was a lost cause. Afterall, the end is coming tomorow..

• cantleave
    cantleave

If he wants everyone to show repentance, why use such a sh*t method of trying help people? Door to Door witnessing with poorly written literature!

• Chalam
    Chalam

cantleave If he wants everyone to show repentance, why use such a sh*t method of trying help people? Door to Door witnessing with poorly written literature!

Agreed! God doesn't use the literature of a publishing company or its employees.

John 16:7-8 (English Standard Version)

7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:

Only the Holy Spirit can convict me, no-one else.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (New International Version)

4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 (New International Version)

5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction.

Blessings,

Stephen

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

I'm not so sure about this god fellow. He sounds like a real jerk.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'd like to see a defense of God without refeence to something someone wrote in a book (aka the Bible). The Bible is not a contigous, elemental unit such that you can handle statements within it as a reprentative of the whole. The problem with the use of statements in the Bible as evidentiary support can be better understood by use of an illustration:

Say I tell you an incredible story where all manner of wild and incredible things happened, and all these stories clearly identified a cat as being a background element in all of these, then I say "And here's the cat to prove it!"

That proves nothing. And so it little matters that certain places which in fact do exist and can be demonstrated to exist now or at some point in the past. These "facts" do not make the events purported to have taken place at these locations, nor the conversations which were purported to have taken place in actuality took place.

If you can't see that, then you don't know what constitutes sufficient evidence.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

What...life?

That's all that's been going on for so long. Just life. Life is messy, horrible, complicated, painful at times, also rewarding, fun and interesting and no one gets out of it alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit