by watersprout 65 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    The Gladiator,
    Judge not.

Are you talking to me or Jesus?

• tec
    tec

Oh, he is quick on his feet today :) Must have been all that walking.

Tammy

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

when my kids ask when i will do something i say..."when its time.". They ask what time that is. i say " i dont know. im waiting for things to be where i need them.".

things arent right yet. but they are getting to the point where they will be.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Tammy - Thank you flower.

Honed to perfection; feet shod with the good news of the kingdom & equipped for every good work.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Gladiator,

i raise my index finger,

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    i raise my index finger

Given your avatar name - that would amount to standing up.

I salute a brave finger. May your gods go with you.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    We have a beautiful planet and people are beautiful for the most part. We can let the few bad apples make us think the entire barrel is rotten or we can focus on the good, the healthy, the loving, and the sane.

Yup

If we have no creator, then these questions don't matter at all.

I see it as the exact opposite Tammy. These questions only matter because there is no god. It's all up to us.

• tec
    tec

I understand that many of these questions are intended to make people to question and ultimately stop believing in God - because that belief is blamed for the few people who do nothing to fix the problems in the world. But there are also Christians who do charity work and acts of kindness as a direct result of their faith.

So I don't think God (or rather faith in waiting for God) is responsible for people's apathy. Faith should motivate toward deeds. Not lack of deeds.

Beks - I get that we're thinking the same thing (we have to do whatever we can to help the world), just from different perspectives.

Tammy

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You gotta admit, Tammy, that the JW view of the world's problems is to "wait on Jehovah" and that trying to solve ANY of the problems the world faces is working FOR SATAN because after all, "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

• tec
    tec

Mad - Oh yeah. I definitely admit to that. And I know there are others like them too. But not everyone who is a Christian is like that. That's all I'm saying.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit