Why has God allowed this to go on for so long

by watersprout 65 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your replies!

I'v read everyone's post's and they are all really interesting!

You have all helped me loads. :)

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

We are all F*_)*(d

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I disagree, Peter. We have a beautiful planet and people are beautiful for the most part. We can let the few bad apples make us think the entire barrel is rotten or we can focus on the good, the healthy, the loving, and the sane.

The way we view our world is almost always the way our world ends up for us. Belief is incredibly powerful but it CAN be changed.

• designs
    designs

Roll up your sleeves and pitch in helping in your community. A little good deed done each day adds up.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Perhaps we should be asking why people persist in using the concept of a god or a devil as a scapegoat for our human failings?

It is time to come of age and take responsibility for the future of this beautiful planet and the human race.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Jesus said you have everlasting life. Man's biggest problem solved.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Satan reasoned that as long as things went well for Job, he would remain faithful but if God appeared to alter things, then undue hardship would cause Job to turn on God.

And he was right, to a certain extent, his mistake was thinking that God didn't have a "plan" fot that.

God tends to speak to us liek we need him too, hence his message is heard by some in one way and by others in another way.

Hence the message of God through Jesus was so "different" than the Old Covenant message.

Yup sacramento.
    To insist on my own existence at the price of all the pain and suffering which led to my existence would make me as much of a monster as any creator who sponsored this evil time-line.

I can understand and appreciate that POV, though I don't agree that it is the only option.

IF you beleive that God snapped hsi fingers and the world was the way it is, then I can see your point, but we KNOW that is not how it was, from nothing came something and that something led to US, HERE, NOW, chatting about God.

We evolved from nothing and God didn't create us with a snap of the finger nor did the world appear as it is right now, NO, we know that is not the case.

The world is the way it is because it can be no other way, it falls on US to make it our "paradise", but we can only do it with God's help, we can't do it alone and God will NOT do it for us because the cycle of the universe is what it is and can be nothing else.

We MAY be God's special people because we were the first to "find" God, but that doesn't make us ABOVE the very laws he created before we even came to be.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    TheFinger: Jesus said you have everlasting life. Man's biggest problem solved.

Perhaps you should read the small print, before you get too excited.

Seems he is more likely to give you the finger!

• tec
    tec

I've avoided answering on this thread, because of course, the honest answer is that I don't know why God has allowed this to go on for so long. But I trust Him. I mean, if we have a creator who is a tyrant, then we're all in trouble - and why would he care what we think anyway? If we have no creator, then these questions don't matter at all. But if we have a creator who is concerned for us, then He is acting in the interests of us all - and he has a great deal of wealth and experience to draw upon. Knowledge that none of us could even conceive of.

I trust that.

But for the sake of discussion, I can offer a couple thoughts on why He might be waiting. And of course, I think its best to keep a 'worldview' in mind, and not just our own.

- free will. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." Perhaps it would be better that we turn to God willingly, rather than have Him force His will onto us. Perhaps God is still giving us that chance.

- For all those who are praying for the end to come, there are people who are praying for God to give this world more time. Didn't Abraham ask God to spare Sodom and Gomorrah for the sake of a few good people? Didn't God spare Ninevah when the people repented? People are still asking for mercy and they're still repenting.

Tammy

• The Finger
    The Finger

The Gladiator,

Judge not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit