What books, songs, artists, movies, etc were banned in your JW home?

by serenitynow! 77 Replies latest jw friends

• four candles
    four candles

Sorry sernity,maybe I didn't expound on it too much. She used to concentrate so much on her knitting instead of the sexy film and encouraged me to watch her knit rather than the boobs and bums on the telly.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I thought knitting was some kind of new or foriegn slang for- you know.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL, WTWizard, you "reinstated" those records back into your collection? LOL

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Hey all this just made me remember something.

When I finally made the switch from cassette to CD's I had at least 200 cassettes of various artist from Fleetwood Mac to Poison. I offered all my cassettes to a teenage girl in our congregation since she didn't have allot of money. She took one look at my cassettes and told me they were all demonized. What's up with that?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"She took one look at my cassettes and told me they were all demonized."

I don't know, she sounds weird. Of course we were trained to believe that almost anything could in theory be demonized.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yes, Fleetwood Mac was out because the female lead singer was a white witch.

And all forms of heavy metal music were considered demonised too.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

I have always been listening/watching/reading whatever I wanted.

• four candles
    four candles

Hey ,lets knit. *slap* .....oops!!!

Got all my Saxon,Dio,Rainbow,Sabbath,Zeppelin,Purple,Scorpions,UFO records back one by one....even found one I used to have by Angelwitch,now that is a good album!!!

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Lucky Charm cereal was banned in our house... They're magically delicious, ya know

I'm not alone!

Also, my parents banned PG movies for several years. Now imagine going to the video store and trying to find a G-rated movie to watch.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

lol not much stuff was banned from me, but i remeber i brought morta lkombat to our house, my mom and her friend (they're not witnesses btw) told me to return the game back to the video store >:( but that was before i got a computer....now that i have a computer, i can get an emulator and download the game, my mom wouldnt mind it probably since its on the computer lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit