Magazine Distribution--Your Area?

by blondie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have an idea to get around it. Go to your nearest laundromat.

• undercover
    undercover

Sounds like a "stick up his ass" elder. Does he know that anyone can download the study articles?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..

WBT$ management has lost touch with thier customer base..

They are giving orders that make no sense..

And.

Expect everything to work out fine,because they are the Boss..

It`s a Classic mistake made by Kings who are much more important,than their Kingdom..

The management of the WBT$,is falling apart..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

WTS & JWs are synonymous with magazine distribution. Now the magazines are an EPIC FAIL for the WTS.

1. It costs the Branch money to print and ship magazines no one wants to read.
    2. Individual publishers are no longer accountable for a set number of magazines to pay for, pick-up, handout, and report.
    3. The Branch is further restricting who can get a magazine while they pile up behind the counter.

Throw in congregation members out of work (which puts a strain on the rest of the congregation), monthly congregation expenses, and an Org sitting on thousands of properties & equipment yet little cash flow...they must be looking for ways to further cut expenses. But then, again, as I type this I think about the current District Conventions. They're handing out books and brochures like they're going out of style. I don't know.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Thats interesting Blondie.

I have heard similar things from my wife and a couple of people I still keep in touch with.

I think it is more of a congregation-level decision than a clear directive from the WTBS, but who knows since I am so out of the loop. (Thankfully!)

That is pretty comical since at my wife's congregation, they leave them at bus stops, with homeless people, and at laundrymats - basically any way to place the stuff without having to go door-to-door. Its all about the numbers.....not about the message.

Plus like UC said, you can download it off the internet.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

There hasn't been a JW going door-to-door in my neighborhood in at least 2 1/2 years. Before that I used to see them about once a month. There seemed to be an abrupt change. I don't see JWs or their maganzines anywhere anymore.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I imagine further big changes as the huge printing corporation fully realizes that the money is just not there in voluntary-donations literature, even if the labor force to distribute it is free. If the local newspaper were free, distribution might go up but revenue from ads might not go up, so the cost would be horrible to the printer.

District conventions still make money for WTS- guaranteed or they would discontinue. New releases are the number one attraction for the conventions. (Baptisms may have been number one way in the past, but new releases have continued to draw members. The talks certainly are not the draw, even the drama just isn't as exciting as something on DVD or cable.)

So I see a future where the mags are eventually discontinued. I don't know how they will tie it to "the end is so close" but they will. They might discontinue "placements" and encourage everyone to support the WTS before picking up tracts and distribute them freely, only counting hours instead of placements. They will probably switch to distributing literature to members only at the district conventions and assembly halls, even discontinuing deliverly of songbooks and Bibles to the individual Kingdom Halls.

Speed up the work by throwing away their literature and getting more, then throwing that away. My wife and I switch cars and I do it all the time. It's small, something she will never notice. But she still gets more from the Kingdom Hall when a book or brochure is missing.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

It's been a couple of years since JWs have visited my door in the field. But my wife's mother still gives her the mags. My family gave up on me a few years back.

• ziddina
    ziddina

As Scarred for Life said, I no longer see the JWs going door-to-door in my area, either...

It's a nice, bedroom-community suburb. No security gates, either... Easy access and easy exit, plenty of trees to park under on those hot, sunny mornings in service. Though the local homeowners' associations probably have rules and regulations against proselytizing, they aren't strictly enforced.

But in the last 5 years, the JWs were calling twice a year or more for the first year, then down to once or twice a year, then down to once a year, then they entered the neighborhood on a quick "kamikaze" run before last year's Memorial, and now I NEVER see them about...

And I'm home most of the time, too - even on weekends...

I almost miss seeing them... And getting the chance to tell them how wrong they are, when they call at my door...

(sniff... I'm getting nostalgic...)

Zid

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm with Scarred and Zid...been in this house for eight and a half years, and there's only been back issues of the ragazines or tracts three times. In the last seven years or so, nothing, nada, zilch, zip. I've never even been given an invite to the memorial with the exception of when my computer guy brought one over that was left at his house...he lives closer to the kh. I too live in a small bedrom community with no gated communities or security buildings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit