Magazine Distribution--Your Area?

by blondie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Does he know that anyone can download the study articles?

It's been 15 yrs since I've been to a meeting. Do many people print out the WT study article from their PC and use that during the WT study? Is that how the WTS wants the study articles done nowdays? I would find that a bit tacky. So much has changed since 1995.

Think About It

• life is to short
    life is to short

At my hall I do not go to the meeting that often so I do not know for sure but I do not one MS is watching closely how many you magazines you take. He just keeps his eye on you all the time while you are taking anything. It was this same MS who told a sister who had lost her JW only WT to bad, he would not give he a new one now mind you this sister is very active and at all the meetings. She was near tears. I was just blown away. This MS was very angry at this sister, the poor sister said "brother MS what will I do for the WT study how will I study for the meeting?" He just said "to bad you lost your WT its your fault." I was just dumbfounded at what was being said between the two of them as I was just standing there trying to get my WT. I just looked at the sister and said well I will copy my WT for you. She almost hugged me with joy I was like OMG it is a stupid WT. The MS glared at me for telling her I would copy the mag for her and that was it apparently I was not supposed to do that for her she needed to learn her lesion on not loosing her WT. So I wonder if it is just some kind of power trip or what that different MS's and elders are on with the mags now.

I hate this religion so much sometimes it is all so hurtful. That poor sister was treated so badly by the MS it was like she had committed so major sin by loosing her WT and she said she did not even remember getting it but the MS said no your name is checked off you got and you lost it. So stupid.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

It is actually a win win for the WTBTS.

1) Less magazines equal less cost, more profit.

2) Puts more pressure on the R&F and pioneers to get those people to the meetings and or find others who will come to the meetings so they can keep their magazine placement up.

3) More fear for the congos that they are not doing their part and so they will not have God's favor or inherit everlasting life.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in England, nothing has changed.

The magazines are still issued to publishers according to their individual order.

There is no restriction on how many magazines anyone has or what he/she does with them.

One brother has an equal number of all three magazines, (20 each) so he must be placing study copies with non witnesses but no one bothers.

However, the number of magazines ordered per month has fallen substantially over the past year and that also includes foreign language magazines.

George

• undercover
    undercover

This thread has gone astray; this was my original question. Does anybody currently attending or who gets info from attending family have heard of this?

I have not heard of anything. I have JW family that still gives me magazines and other publications as they're released.

I think it's just an over-zealous elder, who wants to judge who is worthy of "life's water free".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit