JWs pretended to be someone else at my door.

by myusername 50 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• man in black
    man in black

Once i was working with this elder and when we went to the door the householder had a big stomach,,,, she looked 6-7 months pregnant.

Thios elder started on about how hard it is to raise morally responsible kids these days (1982) and how this book can help by giving her some

solid guidance for the future.

Silence from the householder.

She glares at this guy and says "I'm not pregnant"

He quickly took the book back and said,, well, we are just some local mormons talking to our neighbors this morning,,, sorry to have bothered you.

He never said anything about that call afterwards.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Nice Dream said: "Yes, we would have presentations saying we were neighbours that lived in the community or we were doing volunteer work.

I'll never forget using a KM presentation on safety, placing it, and then accidently returning to the same house the following week. The lady was furious with me for coming across as a "volunteer" talking about saftey and then giving her a religious magazine. My husband suggested I could add the magazine was "Bible based" to my future presentations. "

Tell your husband that suggesting the magazines are based on the Bible is just as deceptive as pretending to be a volunteer.

StAnn

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    The way they're approaching the doors in this manner makes me want to educate people about what it really is. Has anyone done that - as in following up the neighborhoods they leave their literature in with literature stating what it's really about?
    Sorry, I can't turn the quotes off. Anyway, there is a poster, I think she's from the UK who follows the jws around with her anti-Watchtower tracts. I can't remember her name...somebody help me out here.
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Community Services, projects...? I'll ask em', "Ya' mean like blood drives? Can we donate at y'all's church?" That ought to make them 'run wee,wee,wee all the way home.'

• Scott77
    Scott77
    "...the way they're approaching the doors in this manner makes me want to educate people about what it really is. Has anyone done that..."
    myusername

Yes, Moshe on this site with that unsername, has been doing that for much of his life. Please, consider reading some of his postings as they depict actual experiences of that kind of work.

• integ
    integ

If you challenge them about saying they are NOT community volunteers they will say that by going door to door and "volunteering" to do so, and that they are in fact a part of the "community", therefore they qualify as "community volunteers".

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was witnessing with a friend when we were teenagers and he used the following opener:

JW: I am from lotto and need to talk to the householder about a prize they have won

Householder: Really!

JW: No. I am actually here about a bible message, but didn't think you would talk to me if I told you that.

They ended up having a bit of a chat. I was a bit put off that he would lie like that though, even though it was a joke.

• wobble
    wobble

I wonder at myself when I look back, I never used to hide what I was in F.S, I always came straight out with it, but I always hid the fact that I was a Dub with acquaintances.

It is the same shame that makes them hide who they are at first in F.S , that shame should trigger questions in their mind, but the thought control makes it seem as though the householders attitude is the problem, instead of the religion.

Cognitive Dissonance is a powerful thing, I know, I lived with it for decades.

Iknowall58 has a post containing a link to a tract that can be delivered to neighbours, about JW's crafty methods, entitled "The Danger at Your Door" if anyone is interested in doing something of real value to the community, i.e anti-witnessing.

BIG WELCOME MUN !!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This isn't new at all. Back in the 80s or so they were going door to door and being very obscure about who they were. I realize this was a pathetic attempt to place literature. They must have figured if they identified themselves as JWs people wouldn't want their magazines.

I refused to go along with this and identified myself right away to the person at the door as one of JWs - and then I made my pathetic presentation. I didn't care if I got rejected because I felt it was wrong to not say who I was and also when you got to the bottom line it would come out anyway. Somebody might get angry at the deception. I know I would be and I would tell somebody off if they came to my home and tried to 'hide' who they were - in hopes I would be stupid enough not to find out.

However, they aren't the only ones who are vague about who they are. Many years ago people from the Unification Church went around trying to sell 'artwork'. They didn't say who they were right away either. I had to pry and ask several questions before they came out and admitted it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Iknowall58 has a post containing a link to a tract that can be delivered to neighbours, about JW's crafty methods, entitled "The Danger at Your Door" if anyone is interested in doing something of real value to the community, i.e anti-witnessing.

Woble, thanks, that's who I was thinking of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit