Official: Ted Jaracz's Funeral Brochure

by yknot 87 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

They bought into the 'lie'........

The 'lie' was powerful because it gave them 'prestige'......

I know lots of elders (wives) who suffer from this affiction too....

That is one of the biggest carrot sticks......'privilege and the prestige that comes as you rise in your privileges'

• Room 215
    Room 215

Astonishing, and they say they don't venerate their leaders. And what about all those GB who predeceased him? No brochures? How do they rationalize this? What do they expect JWs to do with the brochure anyway? Distribute it door to door? Line their birdcages?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"we don't worship or venerate ours"

blatant lie, it's like alice/reniaa looking at the catholic church and not looking in their own direction

• sir82
    sir82
    What do they expect JWs to do with the brochure anyway? Distribute it door to door?

ROFL!

Now that would truly be a "special campaign"!

• blondie
    blondie

I didn't read all the posts but I wonder if these were made available to the general rank and file or just to those at Bethel and those who attended the memorial? If not, then I doubt that many jws are aware of this.

• undercover
    undercover

I think it's just an overblown memorial program that will be handed out at the funeral and maybe to select higher ups. Most dubs probably don't even know his name, let alone a GB member died.

That's the interesting thing about this religion. They somehow manage to create this aura of the GB being special and to be adored...almost worshipped, yet none of the everday rank and file really knows who they are to the point of being able to name them or pick them out in a group photo. And the R&F think that they're not a cult because they can't name them or recognize them. I don't if the GB just lucked into this but if it was planned, it was a master plan of manipulation.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...finished his earthly course..."

For some reason, this does not sound like JW-speak. Was this person one of the 'annointed'? with a heavenly hope?
    If not, then he would be lined up for the much-preached-about earthly resurrection, which would make these words... ridiculous!

Geez! Did that man only own one suit and one tie? In three of the photos, I'd swear that he has the same suit and tie!!! (Okay... maybe not the suit - I see now that one is brown and one is a grey-ish color, but the tie is the same.)

The scriptures that are referenced... well... they are picking one phrase out of a series of scriptures, and by itself it proves their point, but if you read around it... HUH?

I think they missed the correct verse in the Revelation 14:13 citation. Perhaps they meant... Revelation 14:9-11.

I do feel sorry for his wife (if she is still alive). I would think that this pamphlet was printed for her benefit as she grieves her loss.

After all... isn't she now going to be asked to leave?

Regards,

Jim TX

• JWoods
    JWoods

I don't know if others remember this, but there was within the ranks of the elders (at the start of the elder arrangement, complete with the "rotation of elders") a lot of talk about how the society was moving away from the notion of a single president at the head of the organization. This was also at about the time of the death of Knorr.

The inside word seemed to be that the GB had taken over what had been assumed a natural succession of Freddy Franz to presidential status.

However, not long after this notion got promoted, sure enough - a Watchtower came out and specifically pointed up Freddy as "the new president in line with Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr" and included his picture in the issue. It was viewed by many as a manifestation of Freddy's ego and fight with the whole idea of the governing body at the time.

Looks like this human pride of the WTBTS leadership is very tempting - I think this brochure is another case in point. Like someone else said, not even other GB members seem to have had this kind of thing done for their passing. It made me wonder if this little brochure was not somehow tied in to a power play to see who now becomes the new man at the helm.

• e-watchman
    e-watchman

Thanks for uploading the Society's Jaracz brochure. There is a new blog entry for Jehovah's Witnesses on e-w dot com which dicusses this topic.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    For some reason, this does not sound like JW-speak. Was this person one of the 'annointed'? with a heavenly hope?
    If not, then he would be lined up for the much-preached-about earthly resurrection, which would make these words... ridiculous!

All members of the GB have to be of the anointed.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit