Official: Ted Jaracz's Funeral Brochure

by yknot 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Amazing how it is really a eulogy of TJ. Yet, we are told not to eulogize a person at their funeral, instead we are given the "recruitment" talk. What a bunch of double standards and hypocrisy.

Utter bullshit.

edit: Once again I forgot to thank Yknot for this, thank you dear!

• cofty
    cofty
    heck out the top-right corner of page 3 with a young TJ giving a talk. Beside Ted is a chart of field service statistics

So pleased to see that, I clearly remember one in our KH when I was a lad. It was right at the front of the hall and looked exactly like the one in the brochure.

I remember hall cleaning one evening and the congregation overseer (pre-elder days) was pasting up the latest numbers. It was totals for all publishers for the whole congregation. Pioneers were separate which could be embarrassing for our only 2 pioneers if they had a rubbish month.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Soldier it kind of depends on the brother doing the talk. For my grandma's funeral, my aunts and mom talked to him and gave lots of details about the person my grandma was, and it was a very personal talk. This brother I have known for 20 years, and I remember he used to give some very "different" talks in the TMS, he has always been an "outside the box" kind of guy.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Soldier it kind of depends on the brother doing the talk. For my grandma's funeral, my aunts and mom talked to him and gave lots of details about the person my grandma was, and it was a very personal talk. This brother I have known for 20 years, and I remember he used to give some very "different" talks in the TMS, he has always been an "outside the box" kind of guy.

That tended to be my experience as well. Some talks were put together well, some were awful. Usually depended on the speaker's style.

• yknot
  • yknot
  • yknot
  • yknot
  • JWoods
    JWoods

I am sorry, but this is distasteful - when given the disregard that the witnesses treat the ordinary JW rank & file member in a standard JW funeral.

It is practically human exaltationism.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    OnTheWayOut wrote: Ted's family happens to be a multi-million dollar corporation.

And a PUBLISHING corporation at that!

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit