I'm glad my children don't have to grow up being afraid of cupcakes

by Ilovebirthdays 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

No, Heaven, they didn't look like that. But they DID have blue sprinkles on top of them. Upon further thought, it had to be the blue sprinkles, right?

Hmmmm... one never knows. I do think the whole JW thing did have something to do with it. But blue sprinkles could have been a trigger point. Maybe if they had been like these ones, things would have gone down differently?:

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Okay, well... your two short stories brought a tear to my eyes... but I just have to tell you that your thread headline is just about the best ever.

I'm glad we're not afraid of cupcakes anymore, too. So very, very glad.

Love,
    Baba.

• chickpea
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I think the fear comes because your parents teach you that jehovah is watching you eat the cupcake! And even as little kids we knew what would happen to those who made god angry! Being a JW kid is very burdensome. I tell you, the minute I stopped thinking that god was watching my every move, and reading my every thought, so much of the fear just melted away!

• Opus92
    Opus92

Uhh, sniping atop a water tower with a sawn-off shotgun would make the kid retarded, not psychotic.

Charles Whitman, the Texas Tower Sniper was described as psychotic. He definitely wasn't retarded if he could make it into University and the Marine Corps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

Heaven, I think the point was that the child would be retarded because a sawed-off shotgun is not the weapon for any sort of long-range shooting. Charles Whitman took rifles with him and more than likely used those for the distance shooting, saving the shotgun for anyone who got too close to him.

Anyway -- Ilovebirthdays, that was a great story. I'm sure that child will remember you for making him feel like he belonged with the rest of the group (for a change). Good for you.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Any good cupcake recipes out there.

LD

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I have tons of them, LD, but for some reason it won't let me make links or do copy and paste in Mozilla.

• shamus100
    shamus100

One of the more enjoyable stories I've read in a long, long time.

Thanks for sharing. :)

• jdhf
    jdhf

That's really sad..poor kid.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

ILB, you're an angel for putting a smile on that boy's face!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit