What does Jesus do all day anyway?

by Terry 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Without sounding crass or being impudent or deliberately caustic I'd just like to know one thing.

What does Jesus do all day, exactly?

Is it interesting for him?

Is it productive? Does it amount to progress (comparing yesterday to today, for example)?

Has anything improved for anybody on planet Earth from the year 33 c.e. to June 10, 2010? If so, how, exactly?

Does Jesus look at people individually such as little children who are horribly abused or starving?

If he does see them, does he study them curiously as they suffer or die?

Does Jesus have any power to intervene?

Or, does he shrug and point to some invisible calendar in the clouds and mutter to himself, "Nope--can't do anything yet. Not the appointed time."

Does this make him a hapless bureaucrat with his hands tied until he get's the go-ahead from upstairs?

Like I said, I really would like to know if Jesus is really a person or just an imaginary concept that doesn't really have moment-to-moment THOUGHTS like we do.

Anybody have any ideas?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There are several channels on my DirecTV that feature folks talking non-stop about what Jesus is doing for them. He's either very busy or they are lying, big-time.

Religion Direct TV
    376CTNCTNChoice
    369DSTRDaystarChoice
    370EWTNEWTNChoice
    338GMCGospel Music ChannelChoice
    365GTVGod TVChoice
    368HopeHope ChannelChoice
    364INSPInspirational ChannelChoice
    378NRBNRBChoice
    372TBNTrinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)Choice
    371TCCThe Church ChannelChoice
    377TCTTCT NetworkChoice
    367WHTWorld Harvest TelevisionChoice
    373WORDThe WordChoice
  • myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

Jesus lives in a christian believer...

If you give of your means in a charitable way in the name of Jesus you are allowing Jesus to work through you.

If you sit on your hands and cry foul He doesn't have much to work with.

love michelle

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

myelaine said:

If you give of your means in a charitable way in the name of Jesus you are allowing Jesus to work through you.
    If you sit on your hands and cry foul He doesn't have much to work with.

So basically this is like what happens at Christmas. The parents do all the work of setting up the decorations, working

to pay for all the gifts, then another character(Santa in this case) gets all the credit.

Gotcha. Makes total sense to me. Next time someone asks where I was and why I didn't personally help out, I'm going to use this line of reasoning. There was no need for me. Everyone else was working in my behalf.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear StoneWall...

you may do that if you are so inclined......but keep in mind that experience shows that Jesus will bless and multiply gifts given in His name and I don't mean just monetary gifts either.

our beloved Blondie gives to us faithfully with her work "watchtower comments"...she has told me it is a labour of love and you might be trampling on her charity by making light of it.

love michelle

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

dear myelaine (for some reason that reminds me of that song years ago My Sharona)

May you have peace,love,sex and rock'n roll !

I've noticed in life the harder I work...the more I am blessed by people in general with monetary as well as other "gifts."

And I sure don't understand how you leap from what I said to bringing up Blondies Watchtower comments. I for one enjoy

reading her take on the studies. I'm curious to see the connection you came up with what I said and how that relates to Blondie.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Blondie looks like an elf and elve's do Santa's work. Jesus is like Jehovah's elf and he is always watching how we give to others so he can multiply it. Perhaps if he were looking at people being hurt and abused he could work on preventing those things and just let those who are giving to others do so without him glory hogging thier giving by adding to it. He is a busy little elf you see.

• tec
    tec

Making his home with all those people who believe in him? Helping and guiding those with faith in him? Sending people with faith to help those without faith? Watching and waiting until the time is right - not because he's twiddling his thumbs for some date picked out of the blue, but because God knows something that we don't about the proper time?

Who knows what other spiritual matters need to be addressed by him?

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

He's a choir conductor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit