What does Jesus do all day anyway?

by Terry 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

He's drinking wine with his apostle buddies.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

jaguarbass

A very good response. Thank you for that. I agree that a certain amount of self deception and delusion can be beneficial to a better more enjoyable life.

I have said before that I deliberately keep a few of my own illusions alive because I am human and they comfort me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

He's doin' the same stuff we are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII6-IyaT3o

• superpunk
    superpunk

And many studies show that individuals that believe in God are happier than those who do not believe in God.

That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes;

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." George Bernard Shaw

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear darth frosty...

you said: "To say that when you do good work or give gifts of charity in jesus name opens the door for him to work thru you is...well dumb. You are just a good person doing good for others. Look at bill gates and all the donation's he has made, thats a good person doing good for his fellow man."

lets me ask you this regarding bill gates...do you think that perhaps God foreknew, and predestined bill gates to be conformed to the image of His Son? do you think that pehaps bill gates could be (in some way) subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope? For we know that the whole creation groans and labours with birth pangs together. Do you think that it is possible that bill gates might be one whom we eagerly await to be revealed as one of the sons of God?(galatians 8:19-29)

I think it is entirely possible and even likely...all he has to do is desire to give the credit for all he has accomplished and does to God. Though pride might hold him back. Lots of people are unwilling to let go of their belief that they are self-sufficient and independant of God yet they work with their human "family" who believe otherwise...these that believe that they are self-sufficient and independant of God are estranged from the Father...much like the pharisees were. If they only acknowledged that Jesus was reconciling them to the Father they would not have died in their sins(john 5:39-40). Pride held them back and Jesus said that satan was their father. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 peter 5:7)

love michelle

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Jesus or someone is working hard today... myelaine is actually posting original thoughts not copying and pasting bible texts!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hmm...well...correct me if I'm wrong, but you say bill gates 'might be one of the sons of god.' OK

Love ya too!

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/DKaidian/humor/?action=view¤t=bunny-pancake.jpg&sort=ascending

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Now I am confused. I thought Bill Gates was supposed to be Satan?

• minimus
    minimus

He's "waiting".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    He's "waiting".

That's Chuck Norris' job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit