If You Still "Had" To Go To Meetings What "Disrespectful" Things Might You Do?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'd bring crayons and coloring books for my group. mp3 players for the kids, they don't need to hear, and aren't interested anyway. Bottles of water for each of us. Gum and candy incase they get wiggly, and breaks outside when they need to walk around a bit.

lisa

• not a captive
    not a captive

The last thing I said at a meeting was borderline disrespectful so maybe I'd pick it up from there.

It's like some have said already---just answer the WTquestions straight -up:

Over a year ago the WT had a question about how as Christians how we do kindnesses w/o "letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing". I was quiet during the commenting, then couldn't stand all the pious expressions.I was called on. Said that if we ourselves are not paying attention to our Christian actions, then no one should quiz you on why you miss meeting or field service--they should trust that you were taking care of a family matter or helping someone. You shouldn't have to explain your actions to anyone else. They should leave you alone and trust that you are doing what you should.

The conductor said that he didn't think that that was what the FS had in mind for the paragraph.

That's when I just had to stop going 'til things got resolved.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would wear pants.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Mrs.J,

I wore an Indian sari a few times, the one with the pants. No one said anything.

Another time, I wore a Chinese dress and put chopsticks in my hair.

And I also wore a gold-embroidered Arabic outfit one time.

I am a white chick.

( Please see the "Eccentric" thread....)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I had a friend do this at a meeting. Keep in mind he was not a Witness and my other friends mother convinced him to come to the meeting. He came there wearing an Ozzy Osbourne shirt. He falls asleep, snoring loudly during the meeting, and he wakes up in the middle of the watchtower and says (rather loudly) "Is the meeting over yet?" as he's stretching. Classic.

• StAnn
    StAnn

At my brother's KH, a man came in one night during the Service Meeting. He walked up onto the platform, got down on his knees facing the cong. and crossed himself very flamboyantly. Then he stood up, put his hands together and mumbled a prayer and walked back out the way he came.

I think that would be fun, especially if you had a bottle of holy water and you could sprinkle the congregation and cross them on your way out.

StAnn

• not a captive
    not a captive

Sounds like some of the good stuff has been done already

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wore an Indian sari a few times, the one with the pants. No one said anything.

Another time, I wore a Chinese dress and put chopsticks in my hair.

And I also wore a gold-embroidered Arabic outfit one time.

I am a white chick.

Sounds like you confused them and they didn't know what to say.

• Scully
    Scully

I'd wear pants.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i do the booze breath every sunday. plus i pass gas silently whenever possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit