Why The Hell Do People Defend Israel?

by Blue Grass 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why The Hell Do People Defend Israel?

I won't defend anyone who won't defend me. That encompasses almost everyone on the planet.

W

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've seen some dumb stuff posted on the Interwebz but saying the USA is equivalent to the Nazi regime in Germany because of the two atom bombs dropped on Japan is perhaps the most asinine.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

won't defend anyone who won't defend me. That encompasses almost everyone on the planet.
    W

So you wouldn't defend a toddler, an old lady in the street, a sick person. Hmmmmm interesting. Cage especially likes to fight jerks who pick on weaker ones in his neck of the woods.

• metatron
    metatron

The atom bomb on Japan stuff is all the more ridiculous in view of updated history that Japanese fanatics worked to stop the emperor from surrendering as they demanded to keep the war going EVEN AFTER two atomic bombs and the incineration of many cities.

I really, really, really wish there was some hope for the Arab world. Japan changed after centuries. So did China. The Scandinavians and Germans used to be barbarians. I just don't know - or can't imagine what could possibly get them to stop mindless hatred and advance in human rights and join the modern world. They MUST hate Jews and Israel because it is a constant reminder of their failure as a culture.

metatron

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We must defend Israels right to exist, as we must defend any people's right to exist.

We must defend Irael's right to protect itself, even pre-emptively, just as we defend any other nations.

I do NOT like when they are heavy handed, I do no like when innocents are killed, and yes, even in war there are innocents.

I do not like it when they are so easily manipulate dinto being the badguys because of their over indulged trigger fingers, but I do understand where it comes from.

This has been going on for more decades than we all care to remember and the hate on both sides is long lasting and gorws with every death on either side.

The Palestinians are the "navel lint" of the Arab world and from what I gather, many are treated better in Israel than those in Arab countries.

They have been downtroddened so much that one feels for them and their dispair.

There are no easy solutions in the ME, but a solution is needed, badly.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Lulz, BlueGrass. You got your ass kicked on the other thread and had to go running to start a new one, that isn't even in the right forum?

First I see a lot of Americans defending Israel's execution

What a bunch of lies. The vessel did not heed warnings to turn back on a legal blockade, and even then, the boarders were armed with paintball guns for crowd control. They only opened fire after several of them were beaten nearly to death by the passengers and were being taken hostage. Here is a photo and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zVD6C3C1k

of at least 9 peacekeepers and the attempted murder of several others.

Several members of Hamas were on that vessel. Most of the passengers have links to jihadists. If these people are peacekeepers, then I'm the pope. If Israel had wanted to murder these people, that ship would be on the bottom of the Med and not a single soul alive among them.

Israel is the only country that actively practices genocide by preventing food and medicine from coming to the Gaza strip.

More lies. Here are the FACTS.

Once an exporter of fruits and other goods, Gaza has been turned into a mini-welfare state with a broken economy where food and daily goods are plentiful, but where 80 percent of the population depends on charity. Hospitals , schools, electricity systems and sewage treatment facilities are all in deep disrepair.

Yet if you walk down Gaza City’s main thoroughfare — Salah al-Din Street — grocery stores are stocked wall-to-wall with everything from fresh Israeli yogurts and hummus to Cocoa Puffs smuggled in from Egypt. Pharmacies look as well-supplied as a typical Rite Aid in the United States.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/02/AR2010060204687.html

Despite the fact that Israel publicly offered to inspect and then transfer the flotilla’s aid to Gaza several days prior to the incident, many opponents of Israel are now making wild accusations that humanitarian supplies are being blocked from entering Gaza.

The facts put these charges to rest – just take a look at how much aid Israel regularly delivers to Gaza, and what it means in real terms for Gazans:

• Over one million tons of humanitarian supplies were delivered by Israel to the people of Gaza in the past 18 months – that’s equal to nearly one ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza.
    • In the first quarter of 2010 alone (January-March), Israel delivered 94,500 tons of supplies to Gaza. It’s very easy to miss what that actually means for the people of Gaza. The breakdown includes:
      • 40,000 tons of wheat – which is equal to 53 million loaves of bread;
      • 2,760 tons of rice – which equals 69 million servings;
      • 1,987 tons of clothes and footwear – the equivalent weight of 3.6 million pairs of jeans; and
      • 553 tons of milk powder and baby food – equivalent to over 3.1 million days of formula for an average six-month-old baby.
    • This reflects a long-term effort on the part of Israel to deliver a massive and comprehensive supply of aid to Gaza’s civilians, while restricting the ability of Hamas to import missiles that have been launched at the cities of southern Israel. In 2009 alone:
      • During the Muslim holy days of Ramadan and Eid al-Adha, Israel shipped some 11,000 head of cattle into Gaza – enough to provide 8.8 million meals of beef;
      • More than 3,000 tons of hypochlorite were delivered by Israel to Gaza for water purification purposes – that’s 60 billion gallons of purified water; and
      • Israel brought some 4,883 tons of medical equipment and medicine into Gaza – a weight equivalent to over 360,000 260-piece mobile trauma first aid kits.

Read the full statistics and judge for yourself. Humanitarian crisis in Gaza? Not according to the facts.

http://www.cicweb.ca/scene/2010/06/israel_aid_to_gaza/

Weekly summary of the Gaza crossings: 16-22 May 2010

- 523 truckloads (13,517 tons) of goods were transferred to the Gaza Strip.

- 938,127 liters of heavy-duty diesel for the Gaza power station, and 645 tons of cooking gas were delivered.

- 281 Gaza residents entered Israel for medical reasons via the Erez Crossing.

Weekly summary of the Gaza crossings: 9-14 May 2010

- 637 truckloads (14,069 tons) of goods were transferred to the Gaza Strip.

- 810,209 liters of heavy-duty diesel for the Gaza power station, and 897 tons of cooking gas were delivered.

- 781 Gaza residents entered Israel for medical reasons via the Erez Crossing.

Weekly summary of the Gaza crossings: 2 -8 May 2010

- 714 truckloads (17,060 tons) of goods were transferred to the Gaza Strip.

- 1,535,777 liters of heavy-duty diesel for the Gaza power station and 293,796 liters for transportation, and 917 tons of cooking gas were delivered.

- 370 Gaza residents entered Israel for medical reasons and 93 entered Israel for other reasons via the Erez Crossing.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Government/Communiques/2010/Increased_humanitarian_aid_Gaza_after_IDF_operation_Jan_2009

It gets better, HAMAS IS REFUSING THE CARGO FOR GAZA.

Jerusalem (CNN) — Israel has attempted to deliver humanitarian aid from an international flotilla to Gaza, but Hamas — which controls the territory — has refused to accept the cargo, the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday.

Palestinian sources confirmed that trucks that arrived from Israel at the Rafah terminal at the Israel-Gaza border were barred from delivering the aid.

Ra’ed Fatooh, in charge of the crossings, and Jamal Khudari, head of a committee against the Gaza blockade, said Israel must release all flotilla detainees and that it will be accepted in the territory only by the Free Gaza Movement people who organized the flotilla.

Israel said it had 20 trucks of aid found on the ships, such as expired medications, clothing, blankets, some medical equipment and toys.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/02/israel.palestinians.aid/

Now STFU and crawl back into your little Nazi hole, Blue Grass.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

Now STFU and crawl back into your little Nazi hole, Blue Grass.

Ditto.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It is strange that evil Israel is the only nation in the Mid-East that allows Arabs to vote. And Iraq.

Madness doesn't explain saying something that outrageously dumb. You should be "ChallengedDawg".

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here comes idiot #2.

BTS

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

BTS, I appreciate you showing up and your appreciation for FACTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit