Why The Hell Do People Defend Israel?

by Blue Grass 123 Replies latest jw experiences

  • BizzyBee
    Why is being critical of Israel classed as being anti-Semite? That appears to be a very blatant coloring of language to sway opinion.

    Basic political spin 101: it works with certain segments of the population - and quickly.

  • Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

    I love Simon!!!!

    It isn't. I never said it was. Blue Grass has posted enough on the issue for me to form an opinion. Besides, I may even know him in real life for all you know. Note I didn't call you or Beks or anyone else an anti-Semite.

    I may be anti-Zionist and anti-Israel, but I'm certainly not an anti-Semite. What post in particular led you to that conclusion. And just for the record, Mad Sweeney doesn't know me in "real life".

    Blue Grass

  • quietlyleaving

    robdar, I already know BTS is a very nice guy and I'd love to have discussions with him if he would just share his opinions. My eyes glaze over when he cuts and pastes stuff.

    Instead of revising for my exams I have been using our library services to obtain some factual info re Palestine and Israel.

    I already knew from my studies that Jews have been horribly persecuted by the various dynasties and religious authorities that ruled Europe prior to the forming of nation states.

    It is quite interesting to take up the story from the time of the Balfour Declaration in 1917, Nov 2 which set out British policy towards Palestine and is the basis or Zionist claims in the area. All of the stuff below is taken form the encyclopaedia of World History - 1914-45

    Dec 2, British troops entered Palestine and placed it under military administration

    July 1919, A report was compiled by 2 Americans (the King Crane commission) that showed the inhabitants did not want a Zionist state established in the area and strong sentiment was expressed against the British proposal to separate Palestine from Syria. The British ignored the report.

    1929-48 - extensive Jewish immigration...in 1947 the jewish population increased to 32% of the total contrasting sharply with population figures from 1920 when 80% were muslims and the remaining 20% comprised jews and christians.

    1920 - the Jewish labour federation was set up (Histadrut) and it is still in force today. Its agenda promoted that jewish businesses only hire Jews! This organisation remains an important political and economic force to this day in the state of Israel.

    There is more but I have to be doing something else. Meanwhile the incident below is also mentioned but you can read it at Wiki. Basically secret jewish agents sank a ship full of jewish refugees to draw world attention to their cause.


  • quietlyleaving

    is that the anthem BTS

    looks like one of our tracts

  • BurnTheShips

    Sorry QuietlyLeaving, I am not allowed to make any more responses. You are free to agree with like minded people.


    PS my posts are being selectively edited....BTS

    I just reposted below.

  • BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
  • B-Rock

    So why are anti-Israel posters OK but pro-Israel posters are not? That's not fair. That's not right.

  • minimus

    "The most evil and bigoted people live in Israel".

    I must be missing something here but that intial statement seems to violate a number of posting guidelines.

  • quietlyleaving

    b-rock I hope you don't think of me as an anti- Israeli poster because I'm not. There is a lot more I could have posted. But as I see it, lots of nations have done some pretty inhumane stuff to other nations and at the same time work hard to display a beautiful and glossy exterior.

    At the moment I would just like to see a change in policy towards the Palestinians so that essential food and building items get through to the war torn area. And I find it very hard to believe Israel's gloss on the events given that their history in the area is terrible.

Share this