Why should I have to sign a letter saying I want to disassociate ?

by troubled mind 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It
    JUST PM ME THIS JW'S PHONE NUMBER I'LL CALL HIM AND TWIST HIS BRAIN I'LL CALL HIM SO MUCH AND GIVE HIM A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE HE WILL NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. WHEN I GET FINISHED WITH HIM HE WILL BE CALLING THE POLICE ON ME. I'LL MAKE A HYPOCRITE OUT OF HIM IN SHORT ORDER. IT WILL BE EASY WORK IN THE NAME OF CHRIST. I'LL MAKE THIS GUY CRY OH JEHOVAH PLEASE HELP ME....

Judge RutherFRAUD........the longer I'm on this forum and the the more crap I read about what happens to good people like TroubledMind, the more I like your style.

Think About It

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Dear Friend,

I think - NOT. Do Not give them a reason to think they have power over you.

I wrote a letter to four previous congregations I went to for years each explaining the reasons the Watchtower was so badly corrupt. I reasoned out that public reports against the WT had to be true since libel lawsuits are handy and effective against such. I exposed the corrupt decisions they made with the United Nations membership they had and they DID NOT need a library card. I felt that a solid condemnation would be a testimony to sincere but blinded elders. I didn't say I was leaving, I made it obvious they weren't going to see me there again. I even called the org Satanic and demon inspired!

Lies, lies, lies and Satan is the Father of the lie but the WT wants one to lie, in court if they say to and despite perjury penalty, to protect the "organization" even if the issue is a pedophile being tried. That would protect the pedophile! Paul wanted to protect Christians from such sinners and said to get THEM out

Could you really trust such a dishonest organization where deceit is institutionalized?

When two elders demanded me to answer, "Do you still want to be a Jehovah's Witness?" I sternly warned them NOT to put words in my mouth. I said that I didn't answer to them any more and that their rules do not apply here.

My testimonies at Cornerstone Baptist Church where I attend now (great Bible study - try it you will like it) must be effective since I 've heard that JW in field service walk away when they are told by the householder he goes to my Church! True story, the brother said, "Oh you must really know your bible well then."

Go to a traditional Protestant Church. Don't listen to the tape recording the WT put into your head, that is Mind Control, Cult Thought Control, Brain Washing. There aren't demons powerful enough to stop you from hearing truth.

Blessings,

Paul

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

On another thread I posted what occured this weekend ....Elder calling again after being told to desist and he once again questioning me ....So I went to the local Police for advice and was told to file a letter requesting them to end contact with me one letter to the Elders one to the Police Station.The officer said hopefully that will bring the uninvited harassment to an end ,and it gives me legal leverage if it does not .

Here is what I will be sending tomorrow:

Attention : Elder body of the Geneseo Congregation Of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Dear Sirs,

On May 31 , 2010 I specifically requested D Smith to inform the Elder body to stop calling, and stop coming to my home uninvited . My request has been blatantly disregarded .

I consider these repeated phone calls ,personal questions ,and uninvited visits as Harassment .

Disrespect of my personal privacy is unacceptable . These intimidation tactics must come to an end .

You are hereby notified to immediately terminate any contact with me ,including phone calls ,home visits , mail or electronic mail .

A copy of this letter has been filed with the local Police Department per legal suggestion .

-------------------------------

I refuse to provide them with a letter of disassociation, because that is their mind game not mine . I don't have a memmbership card to their club and I see no biblical reason for a person to take this step once they have walked away several yrs ago .

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Oh TroubledMind! I didnt realize you were going through all this. I'm sorry. We just had a couple elders come into our home last night & ask the stereotypical "Do you want to be known as a jw? What is your view on pagan holidays such as Christmas? Have any ex-jws tried to contact you?" blah blah blah.

This was my last visit with them. They're so annoying. EVERY word that came out of their mouths, I disagreed with...but my freshly cooked dinner was getting cold on the stove and I decided not to argue, agree, or discuss in depth (yet they still managed to stay almost an hour).

I can't remember: Do you have loved ones still in the jw's? Why would you not want to be df'd or DA?

ps...with your letter that you're sending, I would definitely write, "This is not a letter of disassociation."

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My husbands Mother and step Father are the only Jw relatives that still have any contact with us (and that is very limited ) His step Brother is one of the local elders ,that whole side of the family hasn't spoken to us for sometime now (even though they live right down the street from us )

On my side I have an elderly Aunt and Uncle that do not live close by, and have no idea we are inactive . My brother and his family have shut us out . My sister is disabled and depends to much on my help to shun me .

My main reason for not DAing is just the principle of the matter .The other is that I am extremely stubborn ! Besides , No where in the Bible does it say I need to do such a thing . As far as I know there is no membership list at the Kingdom Hall ,all there is are publisher cards and after six months of inactivity you are considered inactive from that . I didn't sign a contract to be a JW so why should I sign something terminating my association ?? It is just one more way they like to think they can control people . My dedication was to God NOT an organization (yes I was baptised before the questions changed !) Baptism was just an outward display of my dedication to God ........and that is a personal relationship between me and God .

Elders are not above the law . Harassement is illegal ...... I should not feel intimitated with in my own home . I am an adult and do not have to answer personal questions if i so choose . My letter says nothing about my current religious beliefs it is just a legal notice to quit invading my privacy .

My desist from contact letter was sent this morning and should be delivered tommorrow .

• leavingwt
  • moshe
    moshe

I'll bet you would quickly DA yourself from the KH, if the elders showed up at your home with a bill for $1000 as your share of the cost of the worldwide preaching work, KH upkeep and the widows/unemployed/sick JW's charity fund. So why all the fuss? Be glad you have the ability to get away from that cesspool of a religion.

• VM44
    VM44

Why even write any letter at all?

Make a clean break from them.

If they come to your door, simply say it is not a good time for them to visit!

Eventually, they will stop calling on you.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

VM : It has been a month of harassing and my health can't take it any more .

I sent the letter to stop them harassing me ,and the same day I recieved a certified letter from them inviting me to my very own JC . That was yesterday .

Today I went back to the police station so they could document this JC letter . The first officer I spoke to is on vacation so I had to go through the whole story again . This second Officer was really shocked how they are acting ...when I showed him the JC letter he just couldn't believe they hold a court setting . He asked me " Can I ask WHAT did you do? !" When I told him it was for putting up Winter decorations in December, and for having anti-witness videos on my youtube account . " He was like, 'You have got to be kidding me "

He made a copy of the letter then copied the Elders phone number on the letter , and told me HE was going to call this guy and make sure he understands what NO contact means ....

The Witnesses are mudding their good name in my town ,because every person I work with or have dealings with is hearing this story, and in a small town Gossip travels fast .....

Once I talk to the old guys that have coffee in the mornings down at the Donut shop my job will be done !

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Once I talk to the old guys that have coffee in the mornings down at the Donut shop my job will be done !

Excellent and funny!

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit