Why should I have to sign a letter saying I want to disassociate ?

by troubled mind 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

TM..

Don`t sign anything..Calling the police is a good idea..

Turn up the heat..

Bully`s cook just fine at 400f..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• VM44
    VM44

Hi troubled mind,

Please don't sign ANYTHING!

Anything you might sign would only be used against you.

--VM44

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I hope you're feeling a bit better TM. No one should have to go through this crap.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

TROUBLED MIND YOU NEED TO PM ME THIS JW JACKASS 'ES PHONE NUMBER I'LL TAKE HIM ON A SPRITUAL JOURNEY HE WILL NEVER FORGET

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

JUST PM ME THIS JW'S PHONE NUMBER I'LL CALL HIM AND TWIST HIS BRAIN I'LL CALL HIM SO MUCH AND GIVE HIM A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE HE WILL NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. WHEN I GET FINISHED WITH HIM HE WILL BE CALLING THE POLICE ON ME. I'LL MAKE A HYPOCRITE OUT OF HIM IN SHORT ORDER. IT WILL BE EASY WORK IN THE NAME OF CHRIST. I'LL MAKE THIS GUY CRY OH JEHOVAH PLEASE HELP ME....

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

I'LL EVEN TAPE THE CONVERSATIONS WITH THIS DOPE AND PUT THEM UP ON JWD .. I'LL RUN THROUGH THIS GUY THREW THE MILL I'LL MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE THE SPRITUAL DRUNKARD THAT HE IS AN D SEND YOU AUDIO COPIES TO HELP PUT YOU TO SLEEP AT NIGHT

• Scully
    Scully

Signing a DA letter does two things:

1) it validates their claim of authority over you, when in fact they have no authority over you.

2) it validates any Disciplineā„¢ that is a consequence of that letter and authority.

Personally, I see no need to give their demand a second thought. You don't owe them anything, especially anything that can be used by the Eldersā„¢ as a stick to beat you with.

• Scully
    Scully

Oh, and one more thing:

When the elders completely disregard your reasonable requests to be LEFT ALONE, continue to harass you with phone calls and visits, and then have the audacity to ask you whether you consider yourself to be a JW, I'd be tempted to say something like this:

Listen, Mister So-and-So: I have been clear in my requests to be LEFT ALONE. You (and whomever else) continue to harass and stalk me, contrary to my reasonable requests to be LEFT ALONE. You are causing me unnecessary distress and anguish. With Jehovah's Witnesses who harass clinically depressed people the way you are doing to me - and I don't give a flying fart how you try to justify it - ask yourselves whether a reasonable person would WANT to be a JW with complete assclowns like you harassing and stalking them? LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE - LET ME FIGURE IT OUT - LET ME PRAY ABOUT IT. When I'm ready to attend meetings again, you'll see me at the Kingdom Hall, but don't harass me or stalk me or trespass on my property anymore, because I'd hate to send the police to arrest your ass at the KH during the Sunday meeting to have you charged with stalking and harassment and trespassing. *click*

• blondie
    blondie

TM, remember this from your other post? You might want to include these points. Can you run this by the police you talked to again?

His suggestion is for me to write a letter to the KH stating that I want no further calls or visits and that a letter is also filed with the Police department . State that I do not want to file criminal action ,but am prepared to if pushed that way .

------------------

Just keep it simple, leave out the comments on depression. Whether you are depressed or were doesn't matter, they are still wrong to be doing this. You might say that is not a letter of disassociation (I'll take other suggestions on that)

A signature at this point may be misused. If it reaches the legal step, that can be reconsidered.

Send it certified mail, requiring a signed green card, that they did get it. Registered makes it delivered to a specific individual but that's not necessary.

Around here the elders don't try many times to confront people. If they feel they have the evidence/proof to DF, they just send a letter that they are df'ing you (in whatever words apply now), they send it three times, and if no response they df you in absentia. (no need for others to correct my terminology, please).

Personally, I would just let any calls go to voice mail, have caller ID, and not answer the door. I would also get a police whistle and blow it hard into the phone after identifying it is an unwelcome caller.

Love, Blondie

• man in black
    man in black

TM, I really feel sorry for you.

Two years ago I DA'ed myself and looking back there are several things I realize.

1), Pick your battles wisely, and don't let your witness-dictated and contitioned feelings dictate what you should do. At this stage they may win the battle, but you will win the war. Have you ever played store, or some other situation with kids? They might tell you what to buy, and how much to spend. Remember the witnesses are no different, They want to tell you what you need,,,,, they are just children in an adult body.

2), If I had to do it over, I would have written a small, friendly letter to 6-7 people at the hall explaining what I was going to do, and that I appreciate their friendship over the years. A week or two later I would have mailed my DA letter to NY and our PO. I felt that i needed to do this.

It allowed me to close that chapter of my life officially.

3), My letter was short, sweet, and to the point.:

EX: This letter is to explain that I no longer wish to be known as, or associated with the organization known as jehovahs witnesses. I have outgrown it, and I personally need to move on. I appreciate the help shown to my family in the past, but recent events have opened my eyes to the very "conditional" friendship and tightly controlled lifestyle that is allowed witnesses. I do not want any shepherding calls, Signed XXXXXX

Take control of the situation, don't let them call the shots. I found that it really confuses them.

4), IGNORE THEM WHEN THEY CALL, We had several elders stop by trying to get us to change our minds. My wife (also DA'ed herself) would talk to them when they stopped by. They just couldn't understand why we would do this. Remember stay in control, dont let them get to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit