Typical email exchange I just had with a JW

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

"I am sure you must be disappointed that despite being so bloodguilty, all that will happen to me is to die at Armageddon. You would find being a Catholic far more satisfying, then I could at least get tortured as well. "

I love that . . . It made me laugh out loud.

• whoknows
    whoknows

My, my. Such nastiness from Donna, a "true " Christian.

Your responses were great Paul.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

When someone says "I couldn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the wrong things you've said," it means that they're either too lazy to have a meaningful argument with you, or they're masking the fact that they have no rebuttals for anything you're saying.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome to JWN rnicole76. I am sorry you got suckered into the cult like so many of us did. But don't worry. Life goes on without it in a much more joyful fashion. You'll find plenty of support here and on many other sites and yes, jwfacts is AWESOME!

• Sojourn
    Sojourn

I use that blood guilt threat against JW's. I show them that a blood transfusion can't save the life of a starving man- hence blood transfusions have nothing to do with the OT Bible prohibitions against eating blood and that were later reiterated by the Jewish Christians to the Gentiles.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but can someone please explain the quote above? I'm just not sure what this person means exactly, and would love the opportunity to learn something additional that could touch the heart of a Witness who's looking for answers.

Thanks!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

What mystical site is this?

The internet only HEIGHTENS my zeal for God and Christ; what some of you have said is alien to me!

• Mary
    Mary

You should direct her to the latest public edition of the Craptower that specifically asks "Are You Being Deceived"? It's basically asking: how would you know if your own religion is deceiving you since everyone thinks they have the right religion?' After reading the article, I don't believe for a second that the people who write this shit don't know exactly what they're doing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sojourn, the point being made was that blood transfusions do not break the God's principles on blood.

If you look at Noah, he was told not to eat an animal with its blood - ie a strangled animal. Noah was not told that taking blood is wrong.

With the Israelites, they were not to eat blood. Eating blood is not the same as transfusing blood, as eating it provides nutrients after the stomach breaks the blood down, whereas a transfusion remains whole in the veins.

Furthermore, the Jewish principle of Pikuach Nefesh was that sustaining life over rides keeping to the law. The point of bleeding and animal and abstaining from blood was out of respect for life. To die refusing a blood transfusion does not show respect for life, and so the Watchtower doctrine against blood transfusions goes against Bible principles.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blood-transfusions.php goes into some of these issues in more detail.

• Sojourn
    Sojourn

Thanks jwfacts, and you have a pretty great site, too!

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Mary, that article you mentioned, one could really think that it was written by somebody wanting to open the eyes of the rank and file... it they would only apply that information across the board, including their own already held beliefs...

vivalavida

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit