Typical email exchange I just had with a JW

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Most of the emails that I receive from JWs are short and to the point - I am wrong and Jehovah will soon exact vengeance on me. They never identify where I am wrong. Here is a typical one.

DP - JW

> You are pitiful. You have no hope based on any truth, thus you are to be pitied because you believe your own lies.

> “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.“ King Solomon

ME

Hi DP,

You are making some very broad statements without any supporting evidence. I have spent a lot of time proving my points in order to help people and if you are going to be so spiteful you should at least have the courtesy to explain why I am wrong. If you can highlight any lies I will remove or fix them immediately.

Regards

Paul

_______

DP - JW

I have been actively involved in "The Truth" for over 30 years. All of you statements are so full of holes and incorrect statements and twistings of Jehovah's word that I couldn't begin to scratch the surface of your lies.

You have no idea the bloodguild you bring upon yourself.

ME

Donna,

I was a JW for 35 years, in Bethel and a personal friend of one of the Governing Body. I can assure you that I know and present Watchtower doctrine far more accurately than almost anyone you have ever met.

I am sure you must be disappointed that despite being so bloodguilty, all that will happen to me is to die at Armageddon. You would find being a Catholic far more satisfying, then I could at least get tortured as well.

Which brings me to my real point - everyone thinks their religion is the right one. ExMormon websites/Scientology/Catholic etc websites get equally aggressive emails from Mormons/... as I get from Witnesses such as yourself. You better just hope it is not you that has been blinded by Satan into the wrong religion and a real cruel, torture-loving God is the real one.

I personally think there is something emotionally wrong with any person that possibly thinks that God will destroy billions of people who have never even heard of him. Don't forget, a person's religion is simply a result of the culture and country of where they were born.

Regards

Paul

DP - JW

I was mistaken. You are not to be pitied.... you know exactly what your doing.

• yknot
    yknot

But the silver lining is.......

She looked over your site!!!!

She was disturbed but no doubt a seed has been planted!

She is on the internet reading things the GB has discouraged!

All it takes is a few well placed cracks to cause the dam to break!

((((( Gee Donna if you ever read this 'HI' ..... we luvs you even though right now you hate us!...... you are already on a journey that will one day lead you to thanking Paul! ))))

Beyond that Bravo Paul, Bravo!.....

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I only wish the internet had been available back in 1984 when I got involved. I don't know what I would have done with my time, but it would have certainly included spending more time with family I never got to see because I was kept so busy.

So many have died and I didn't even go to their funerals.

• garyneal
    garyneal

All I know is I am thankful the Internet was available last summer when I was doing a very serious search for a true religion. I was convinced that the witnesses may have been onto something and that I had been misled all my life. It did not take long to see the man behind the curtain in this religion.

Witnesses, unfortunately, seem so quick to dismiss any voices that do not agree with their own. I feel so sorry for them because they are not allowed to use their minds to really reason on their religion.

Thanks Paul, for your website. It helps a lot when I need to quickly look up a WT article about a particular doctrine. Now that my wife has a CD, I can easily find and confirm what you wrote.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Your site is so impressive and has obviously taken a great deal of time and work. I dont know your story, is it on there at all?

Loz x

• steve2
    steve2

Short and to the point is better than nothing at all. It shows they're looking and who knows where it may lead over time!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I generally try to be more polite when answering JW's, as sometimes they do change their minds very quickly after getting on the internet. However, some emails like from Donna rub me up the wrong way.

Loza - I have some personal information at http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/paul-grundy.php

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Ynot said....

Gee Donna if you ever read this 'HI' ..... we luvs you even though right now you hate us!

I completely disagree. I don't "luvs" her at all. I hope she gets out of the religion, but even if she gets out I wouldn't ever want to meet her. Even within a cult, people have different core personalities. This one sounds completely vile.

When I was at my most indoctrinated I wouldn't have considered saying things like this.

Disgusting. This sort of communication isn't as much about Jehovah's Witnesses as it is about an awful woman called Donna.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I've occasionally had similar reactions on my site. Mostly in the form of comments, not emails. I made my email slightly harder to get to, so knee jerk reactionaries have a little more time to cool down by the time they get their. But most of the negative comments seem to come from people who know some Witnesses and who probably didn't even read the article their commenting on. Or I linked to another article that was negative and they didn't seem to realize that I wasn't the author. Basically, people who didn't seem to think at all before commenting. I have yet to hear back from anyone after I left my response.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Oops. Sorry for the typos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit