Typical email exchange I just had with a JW

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes, people can rub us the wrong way sometimes. Me Thinks Donna Doth Protest Too Much! There is obviously something she finds a problem with but cannot express it. Maybe it's the real truth and she knows it. Yeah, I've had this kind of exchange with JW family in the past. I usually find that people who are venomous are not happy in life and have a number of issues. If she is a JW, she definitely will have the holier-than-thou and judgmental attitudes espoused by this organization. I've seen this in my JW family members. This is why I call them "Jehovans" and not Christians.

Perhaps you should have a 'stock answer' for those types. Something like... "Thank you for your email and concern. There must be some reason you are reading my website. Perhaps you can share that reason."

Everytime I comment at an online news article I leave a weblink to your site. I think it's very well done and presents the facts without appearing fanatical or extremist. Two thumbs up!

• GromitSK
    GromitSK
    only wish the internet had been available back in 1984 when I got involved.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I got caught back in 1982 as a rather naiive and inexperienced 18 year old. I wish I'd had access to someone who knew all this stuff or to some other source instead of trashing 5 years of my life, relationships and career. <bangs head on wall>

I think it is a very good thing indeed that access to information about many aspects of life, including religious organisations, is now so freely available. Although it is sometimes difficult to determine the actual truth about any particular matter, it is very easy to garner a range of opinions and a great deal of fact before making life-changing decisions.

I am grateful too that so many are prepared to commit their time and effort to organising and publishing what they have discovered.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Her statements reflect an anger that I felt when I first found apostate stuff on the internet, back in '95 or so. I wrote an angry, emotional, accusation-filled email to the person. Their reply was polite, and asked that I elaborate on my accusations. I recognized that the person was handling themselves better than I was, but took it no further.

I wish I had... but that person's reply to my message stuck with me for a long time.

Nicely done, Paul.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great work as usual, Paul.

I like how she inadvertently hit the nail exactly on the head with her closing remark.

I was mistaken. You are not to be pitied.... you know exactly what your doing.

She was mistaken indeed. Truly, you are not to be pitied, you are to be congratulated! And you DO know EXACTLY what you're doing. Awesome!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That was a mindless attack..LOL!!..

"Your Wrong........Because.......Your Wrong......So There!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

I use that blood guilt threat against JW's. I show them that a blood transfusion can't save the life of a starving man- hence blood transfusions have nothing to do with the OT Bible prohibitions against eating blood and that were later reiterated by the Jewish Christians to the Gentiles. I point out that the WT Society and the JW's have blood guilt for the needles deaths of perhaps thousands of JW's who died after refusiong a blood transfusion. Now that threat does get a JW's attention. Then by association the light bulb comes on in the JW brain- "If we have blood guilt, then Jehovah is going to punish us and we can't be the true religion after all".

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks, your comments are all very interesting. Religion is very emotive, as can be seen from the email responses give. I sometimes get a second email that is apologetic for the tone of the first one, so the person has felt ashamed at how they over-reacted.

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

When i first visit your site, i thought ti was written by an active jehovah witnesses that is preaching and informing others about the religion. lol When i read some of the information about the WBTS, i did more research by looking up other websites and reading some old materials on watchtower library. i just can't believe what i got baptized into. I signed my life over to a man made corporation. What led me to research this organization? I had questions about the history of the WBTS. I know my parents do not know. So i research different websites to understand the history. i came across some shocking information. I even watch the news on youtube about the pedophiles and i was disgusted by the way the WBTS handle these ones. I haven't been baptized for even a year and i just realized that this is not "the truth". Before I became baptized i didn't think of any question or to do research. For so many times, I wish I would of thought of this sooner.

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

jwfacts i would like to thank you for taking the time out to make this website. I'm sure you have changed so many lives today. I walked away from the computer with an open mind after reading what you have posted. Your site is really eye opening for me.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Paul, your responses were excellent. I hope Donna will see through the blinding light of fear and defensiveness someday soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit