Menfolk....what should I cook?

by yknot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Caedes
    Caedes

I don't think I could cope with that kind of pressure. If people watched me cook I would probably end up burning down the kitchen!

Having a herb garden outside the kitchen helps, fresh herbs are much nicer. Can't get coriander to grow though.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Coriander the green herb? That is Cilantro here...and I've found that it can't have the sun it says it can, it grows too quickly and goes to seed (which the actual hard seed is what we call coriander)

Keep it shaded, possibly it's own container in the window sill, and spritz with water every day, sometimes twice a day and you'll have a beautiful bunch growing :)

• awildflower
    awildflower

Thanks for that tip HB, I grow herbs and can't grow cilantro which I love, now I know why! I'm going to try that!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

After being alone for nearly 7 years, I don't think I'd be comfortable with a woman puttering around in my kitchen and trying to reorganize it to her tastes, which is inevitable. I do the cooking around here.

I'm keeping it simple this weekend with some BBQ'd veggie burgers on whole wheat buns and a spinach salad.

W

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

1. A well marinated (1 day atleast) well marbled Ribeye Steak with wild longrain Rice a Roni.

2. Lasagna

3. Spagettie and real huge meatballs. My X used to make them fist sized.

Lots of wine too!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

Another thing I absolutely LOVE is Lobster Rissoto. If it's done properly. I've actually made it with lobster, crab and tiger shrimp.

Damn is it good!!

Now I'm hungry.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Mary, I'm making your salad tomorrow night for my man...he's been out of town all week eating fast food and diner crap. I think I'll pair it with a marinated pork tenderloin and my those mashed potates that were mentioned before (sorry I can go back and look, I'd have to retype this all again...ugh! )

My question is, can I leave out the second cheese and just increase the amount of blue cheese? I'm not sure I'd like two cheeses in one salad. Do you think it'll affect the quality? Any other additions that would make it over the top in your opinion?

• awildflower
    awildflower

Omg good rissoto is the best! Never had lobster rissoto but would looooove to try it! Now I'm hungry!!

• Mary
    Mary
    My question is, can I leave out the second cheese and just increase the amount of blue cheese? I'm not sure I'd like two cheeses in one salad

I know it sounds kinda weird, but the second cheese REALLY finishes the salad. The original recipe called for pears (instead of strawberries) and candied walnuts (instead of pecans). Soooo, I just kinda got creative and I really like my version better.

I can't remember what made me decide to add the lite havarti cheese, but it I like it so much better with it. I guess it's just a matter of taste, so if you want, cut a few slices of the havarti cheese up, and try a bit of the salad with and then without it. See which one you like better.

Oh what the hell: If you change the salad at all, you will die at Armageddon. Which will be here any day now.

p.s. Another thing I should mention is that you may not need to use all of the dressing. Just try a bit first as you only want it to coat the salad a bit, not saturate it.

Lemme know how it turns out!

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Out of fear of dying at Armageddon, Heartbreaker will most certainly buy the cheese. Can you see how her faith and obeidiance is pleasing to her Creator? We would do well to follow her wise example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit