Menfolk....what should I cook?

by yknot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Pretend your wife/girlfriend/domestic partner/personal chef.......came to you wanting to cook nothing but your favorites!

What would those favorites be?

Don't hold back.....suggest any appetizer, salad, soup, entree, side, dessert......anything and everything is appreciated!

(Yes I am being bored and lazy in my meal planning but hubby is working extra hard these days and deserves a decent meal waiting for him. -- I look at my cookbooks, recipes, chef/foodie websites and think.....been there done that!-- so please help a housewife out)

Thank you

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ooo, I can't wait until they start answering!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Rachel Ray's Roasted Medley Vegetables. Let me look for the recipe.

• asilentone
    asilentone

go to www.foodnetwork.com and put roasted medley vegetables in the search engine, go to the very first recipe. I love them!

• yknot
    yknot

AS1 that sounds yummy !! (thank you) That is perfect..... I have squash and zucs popping up in the garden!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/roasted-squash-vegetable-medley-recipe/index.html

WD: ... I was so thinking of you today!!! Remember how I suggested cooking classes ---- enroll in some!!! I was talking to some gals who went to a single and 40 mixer and all the guys seem to ask if they could cook! Apparently Grandma was on to something about a way to a man's heart is through his stomach.......AND >>>>>>>> evidently....... many women can't cook these days! I know it is shocking but none of my friends who went to this mixer consider themselves decent cooks - (Sad-really).........

• Bourne
    Bourne

Fried chicken like mom used to make, mashed taters w/ cream gravy, green beans, bread & butter.

Apple pie w/ vanilla ice cream for dessert.

He'll love you long time.

Bourne

• beksbks
    beksbks

Is there anything off limits? Can I help? Can you help me? I LOVE to cook and create, but I run out of ideas. It's truly the hardest part.

Tonight we are having Salmon steak cooked in butter, white wine, garlic, and a splash of lemon juice. Garlic basil mashed potatoes, and carrots broccoli and asparagus sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Hmmm lot's of garlic there. Honey bunny loves it and so do I!

Last night I did pasta, with fresh basil and garlic, shallots, olives, bacon, and tons of chopped fresh tomatoes.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking bean tostadas. I use canned refried (sorry mom!), Los Pericos tostada shells, and tons of chopped veggies. Lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, and HOT sauce.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Doesn't matter, so long as it's served in the nude.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Strawberry shortcake! Add fresh Blackberries if you can get them.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ok, my Strawberry shortcake post had nothing to do with Doe's post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit